Ch 13

POV shift with Xie Lian reflecting at the end part. It's just a filler chapter but Xie Lian will have a realization. 🤔🤔🤩🤩🤩

~

Hua Cheng's

"Gege?" After watching the movie and eating their lunch, they stayed inside the bedroom. Xie Lian would like to go home later at night which Hua Cheng didn't really mind. Whatever his gege wanted, his gege would get.

And Xie Lian was just lying on his bed. He was feeling lazy and Hua Cheng couldn't be any happier indulging Xie Lian with the rest he deserved. He himself was sitting beside Xie Lian.

The room temperature would really make one want to lay down, relax, and cuddle. And oh, boy, did Hua Cheng want to cuddle Xie Lian. But it'd be him moving fast. And he didn't want to. He wanted to be careful when it came to dealing with his relationship with Xie Lian. He couldn't lose the most precious person in the world for him just because he was impatient.

"Hmm?" Xie Lian hummed in response and looked at him with the same eyes that haunted him for more than a decade.

"Do you want to go to the mall? I may or may not want to shop," Hua Cheng thoughtfully but playfully said. He actually wanted to spoil Xie Lian now that he could freely do so, now that he could freely splurge because he was no longer hiding his true identity anymore. He could already buy him all the things he wanted and needed. His baby could name it and he would have it, and Xie Lian deserved it.

Concern etched on Xie Lian's face. His brows were cutely furrowed. "Can you go to the mall though? I don't want to compromise your safety." It seemed now that Xie Lian realized who he actually was that the man didn't want him to go out there. It was rather cute. Everyone saw him as unreachable yet here was Xie Lian worrying about him going to the mall.

"Gege, this San Lang is the one who is dangerous. I am the one who is feared, not the other way around. I hold my rules and I don't play by others." Hua Cheng shrugged.

Xie Lian sighed and held his arm. Oh, wow. Hua Cheng thought he could get used to Xie Lian touching him, but no, he couldn't. Deep breaths. "I won't have it, San Lang. I- Now that I know how many people out there could be after you, I'm worried about you going to crowded places."

Hua Cheng chuckled, endeared. He really loved how Xie Lian was protective of him in his own way. It reminded him that he was a person, that he could also be vulnerable and in need of protection.

The powerful people believed he was indestructible. But there was someone who saw him just like a man.

"Trust me, gege. If there is anything, I am scared of you associating with me." Hua Cheng stroked Xie Lian's hair with his hand. "There are people who come after me, but they see me as someone they couldn't, the mustn't touch. But you..." Hua Cheng padded his thumb over Xie Lian's cheek. "are not. You are too kind, gege. I don't even want to bring you into my world." If he could choose, he would choose to have an ordinary life with Xie Lian.

But their lives from when they were born and met were no ordinary. What Hua Cheng could do now was be more powerful to protect Xie Lian.

"San Lang..." Xie Lian gripped his arm, the one with the tattoo on. "I don't like how you said it. You won't leave me because of that reason, right?" If that's the very thing that would keep you safe, I will.

Hua Cheng shook his head. "There is no way I would do that to gege!" He exclaimed as if it was the most horrible thing ever. And it was. But Hua Cheng tried to keep the conversation light. "The people in that game room already know you. Those are powerful and wealthy people, and we'll never know the things that are running in their minds." Hua Cheng tucked Xie Lian's hair behind his ear. "They can be cunning, waiting for a single vulnerable spot they can see. They might suspect I'm fond of you and you will be in greater danger away from me."