Ch15

Graphic descriptions of violence// POV shifts 

Skip if needed. Also, it's a bit dramatic? I don't know if I wrote it well. lol. But here it is. :)

~

Hua Cheng's

"What do you mean you did not mean it?!" Hua Cheng's voice boomed inside the board room. He was having a headache from these idiots who made decisions without asking him. They were dealing with one of the issues currently and that was apart from the warehouse that was burned which was apparently due to simple negligence. 

"Sir, we really thought it will be okay!" The man pleaded and for what, Hua Cheng had no idea. 

This was one of his legal businesses, so he was a little lenient when it came to these employees. Lenient just to the point of trying to avoid killing anyone. No innocent blood was spilled. Over the past few years, his hands touched no innocent blood.

He would kill and he would gladly do so to those who deserved it. He would consider it as doing humanity a favor. People never knew what evil there was everywhere and him being in the position to know felt like to him a social responsibility. Cheesy. But it was because of that person who showed him kindness that he could view it that way.

Hua Cheng pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance and frustration. "Make sure you settle that one. I will talk to whoever is in charge and you'll see it from there. But I want you to send me (Yin Yu) updates," he said calmly. He didn't want to lash out anymore. I need my gege right now to ease my frustrations and I want this meeting done as soon as possible. 

"Yes, sir!" Hua Cheng easily let go of the matter because he wanted it to be over as soon as possible. He wanted to go home to Xie Lian and scoop the man close to him. He just wanted to be with Xie Lian so badly. 

"Do-" Ping! Someone messaged him and he knew it was Xie Lian just by the sound of it. Excited because finally, Xie Lian replied to him, Hua Cheng held a finger up to tell them to be silent. He heard Yin Yu snicker beside him. 

"Help"

What the actual fuck? Hua Cheng felt his world tilt a little. But he tried to stay calm. But he also knew that Xie Lian wouldn't just text him that word without being serious about it. So, he stood up. He didn't care if Yin Yu asked him what it is about. He didn't care if they were still in a meeting. 

While walking to the exit, he dialed Xie Lian's number. "Gege? Whats-" What's wrong. He would've said but he was cut off.

Hua Cheng had absolutely no idea what to do when he heard Xie Lian's frantic voice saying his name and shouting. He even heard some commotion in the background before the call was cut off. 

Not really thinking as he took the call, Hua Cheng was already walking to the elevator. His whole body felt numb just thinking of Xie Lian being in danger while he was miles away from the man. It was fucked up and he couldn't just wrap his mind on it. He knew that he didn't feel good at the prospect of leaving Xie Lian. He should've followed his instincts. He should've not left him. 

He should've...

Before the elevator door closed, Yin Yu followed. "What is it, Hua Chengzhu?" There was worry laced in his tone. 

"Gege... He... Something happened." Hua Cheng tried calling Xie Lian again but he wouldn't answer. 

"Okay. I'll call He Xuan."

Hua Cheng gave him a curt nod as he also called the man he stationed that should be watching the surroundings. How come they didn't notice anything suspicious.