Ch 22

Hua Cheng

Hua Cheng pulled Xie Lian, and when the elder melted in his arms, he held him tighter - scared that he'd run away from him. He was frightened at the thought of losing Xie Lian. Just thinking about it, just think about how Xie Lian contemplated leaving him made Hua Cheng crave for Bai Wuxiang's blood to be spilled.

He saw him. Hua Cheng hated lying to Xie Lian but he had to. He saw Bai Wuxiang in his white clothes wearing that stupid fucking mask while looking at Xie Lian. Hua Cheng saw him. If Xie Lian weren't there, he would've burned the place to dust, and razed the place to see to it that Bai Wuxiang was wiped out of the face of the earth. 

Of course, he couldn't tell Xie Lian, not now when this was how he reacted. If he would tell him, Xie Lian might really have left him. 

Earlier, Hua Cheng was antsy about letting Xie Lian in that place. He knew that he had to go inside and see Xie Lian. His plan was to just stand far from where he could see him and just come out when he'd see the three move from their places. 

Hua Cheng had his men positioned around the perimeter, not near, but enough to secure the immediate vicinity. That was why he couldn't wrap his head around how the hell did Bai Wuxiang slip in without getting noticed. 

Ah...

After all, no one has seen his face.

When Hua Cheng saw that man, he immediately rushed to his boyfriend. He wasn't even sure then if Xie Lian really saw Bai Wuxiang. Turned out he saw him for a fraction of a second. 

The man quickly blended into the crowd. 

Hua Cheng was hoping his men could get Bai Wuxiang, but he doubted it.

For now, he should focus on the man in his arms. "There, gege. This San Lang is safe and you're safe." 

Xie Lian clutched his shirt. "Can't lose you..."

Hua Cheng lovingly cradled Xie Lian's head as he continued hugging him. "You won't."

"Promise?"

"I promise." Hua Cheng kissed Xie Lian's hair. "Come on, gege. I'll carry you to the car." 

"T-That's embarrassing, San Lang," Xie Lian said in a small voice. 

"No one's around. Come on, gege. Hop once for me."

Xie Lian hopped. So cute! Hua Cheng then placed his hands under Xie Lian's thighs as Xie Lian wrapped his legs around him. 

"San Lang~ You really think he wasn't there?" Xie Lian mumbled against his neck 

"Well, I didn't see him." 

"But~"

"Even if he's there, you have me." Hua Cheng was walking faster than usual. He couldn't risk staying out for too long with Xie Lian. He should also double the security wherever they go knowing he wouldn't know what to do if something were to happen to Xie Lian.

Xie Lian hugged his neck tighter. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"Who's he?" Hua Cheng tested the water. As much as he didn't want to revisit the past, he wanted to know what Xie Lian knew about Bai Wuxiang. 

"No!" Xie Lian snapped. "I-I- He's bad. That's all you have to know and he wants to take me. I just know it. Avoid him at all costs, San Lang. I don't want to see you hurt because of him," Xie Lian mumbled. 

How can I avoid him if I don't know him, gege? He didn't push though. "No one's gonna hurt me." Hua Cheng smiled. "If gege doesn't want to talk about him, then, we're not talking about him." Once they reached the car, Hua Cheng let Xie Lian down to his feet to enter the car. He didn't want to drive so he had someone drive the car for them instead.