CH14

Warning: Mentions of crimes(?) This will have a number of POV changes. Thanks for reading!

Hua Cheng's

Days passed since their usual routine was restored and Hua Cheng couldn't be any happier. Xie Lian had no major assignments too which just added to the happiness he was feeling for the past couple of days. He knew how persistent and courageous Xie Lian was when ha had a task on hand and that man had a tendency to push himself just to achieve his desired result. It was both good and bad. 

They were basically back to normal with a clingier Xie Lian who followed him around and asked a lot of questions whenever he had something to do. It made Hua Cheng happy. The clingier Xie Lian was, the better (or worse because he might just melt) for his heart. 

Not that Hua Cheng was any better. If it was Xie Lian who was busy, he would never miss the chance to bother his gege. 

However, there was a tiny change that Hua Cheng noticed. He didn't like it.

He noticed that Xie Lian was a little jumpy whenever he touched him without warning. It was worrying. He wouldn't touch Xie Lian if he knew his touches were unwelcomed and those touches were somehow friendly. So, he was bothered too. Nothing bad happened to Xie Lian while he was with him. Not on his watch. 

But why the sudden change?

Xie Lian was washing the dishes after they were done eating and while Hua Cheng was feeding Ruoye. The cat had been quite attached to him as he was with Xie Lian. Well, it wouldn't be shocking since mostly, he was the one preparing his food. 

There were even mornings when he woke up and Ruoye snuggled at the side of his neck sleeping soundly. Sometimes, the cat was on his tummy. And Hua Cheng himself was getting fond of the sassy cat.

With Xie Lian still washing the dishes, Hua Cheng felt the urge to caress Xie Lian's soft and bare shoulders. It wasn't something new since they had been used to each other's touches that Xie Lian hugged him to sleep. Xie Lian would pat his head. Xie Lian would allow him to brush his hair. So, Hua Cheng touching him wasn't something so new. 

Before he could stop himself from doing so, his large hand softly touch Xie Lian's shoulder. His gentle warm palm was gently squeezed on his shoulder. But like being burned, Hua Cheng easily retracted his hand when the glass Xie Lian was washing fell into the pile of plates in the sink causing a noisy clatter. 

"Are you okay, gege?" What is happening to my sweet gege? He hasn't been this jumpy before. He couldn't help but frown. He shouldn't have done that... Hua Cheng clenched his hand into a fist. 

Xie Lian turned to the side to give him a glance. From Hua Cheng's perspective, he could see that the other was blushing. His cheek was rosy pink. "I-San Lang... I was just surprised," Xie Lian squeaked and went back to washing the glass. 

"Just tell this San Lang if gege's uncomfortable. I wouldn't dare touch you again." But Hua Cheng was sure that Xie Lian was not scared of him. Even if Xie Lian had been quite jumpy, he never exhibited fear. Yet, it still worried him because he might have misread the other's expression and that Xie Lian might just be good at hiding his feelings. So, it was probably better if he stopped initiating touching. 

But he is clingier these days. 

Hua Cheng really had no idea how to deal with his attraction to Xie Lian any longer. It was growing inside of him, dark, possessive, obsessive. But he had been successful in keeping it in, keeping it to himself, no matter how he wanted to just overtake and move faster with Xie Lian. It was too tempting and the other was so oblivious to his struggle. (It wasn't Xie Lian's fault tho.)