Ch 19

Oops, forgot to add a warning.

//mentions of violence//

~

Hua Cheng

"S-San Lang?"

Hua Cheng was so endeared by Xie Lian's confused and blushing face. He'd do everything for him. He'd do everything to make Xie Lian stay. He'd do everything to give Xie Lian the life he deserved - comfortable and safe. 

Xie Lian's cheeks looked soft and pink that Hua Cheng wanted to bite them gently. There were still noticeable bruises but everything was way better than before.

"Can't this San Lang get a good morning from his beloved?"

Xie Lian's eyes widened, and he adorably turned away from him. "You-! You can't just!"

Hua Cheng shamelessly, although he could feel the heat in his face from being too conscious of himself (If he were blushing, He Xuan and Yin Yu wouldn't know.), lay down beside Xie Lian and peeked over his shoulder as he grasped Xie Lian's bicep. 

And darn it! He could feel how hot Xie Lian's cheek was. It was radiating to his own. 

"Gege?"

Xie Lian didn't answer him. 

But the lithe muscle under his palm tensed. 

"Gege? Why can't this San Lang get a good morning from you?" he whispered, his voice low. He shouldn't be doing this, right? It seemed that he was getting ahead of himself. He was skipping the necessary steps to confessing or courting. But he couldn't help it. 

It was also lovely to tease Xie Lian. 

"You're teasing me," was Xie Lian's sulky response. 

"Is this San Lang too shameless?" Hua Cheng's voice was coaxing. 

"Hmm~" Xie Lian nodded. "Too much."

"Can't I tease the man I'm in love with?" Hua Cheng's heart might just go out of his chest. He could hear his blood rushing everywhere. 

"You-" Xie Lian pulled himself away and turned to him. "I-I'm- You-"

Hua Cheng chuckled and pulled Xie Lian back to where he belonged. He embraced the smaller man tightly yet gently. "You're the man I'm in love with, gege." He mumbled over Xie Lian's hair, which, by the way, smelled like him - like his.

"Why? How?"

"It happened. I just love you, gege, no buts, no ifs, in spite and despite." There were deeper reasons to admire Xie Lian. He'd make books if he were to write them one by one, and one thing was for sure: his love wasn't fleeting.

Xie Lian shook his head. "You just knew me in a short while, San Lang. You still don't know everything about me. You have no idea who I was or wha-"

"Let me learn your past and your present. It really doesn't matter, gege. You're you. It's you whom I love." 

Ten seconds passed and nobody spoke a word. Hua Cheng was still nervous but he was a little calm now. Xie Lian not pulling away from his embrace was already something in and of itself. He may already know a little about what the man felt for him, but he really couldn't fathom whatever he was thinking. 

It was natural for him to be nervous. 

"I love you too." Xie Lian's voice was barely above a whisper. 

Unexplainable passion arrested Hua Cheng's heart. He felt all sorts of things at that very moment - longing, love, devotion. "Say that again." He dipped his head nearer to Xie Lian's neck. "Say that again."

"I love you, San Lang." Those were the simple words enough to confuse Hua Cheng. They awakened the beast inside him or they tamed it. He didn't know for sure.