Chapter 62

(To Elena)

"What are you looking for?" Elena asks as they look over at Rick whose laying on table with his head inside a machine.

"I don't know. A tumor, Vascular Anomalies. Anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's Medical, I can treat it." Meredith answers.

"And if it's not?" Elena questions.

"Well... Then we'll deal with that, too." Meredith responds.

"When did you suspect him? That it was Alaric, who was killing all those people?" Elena asks.

"It was after he told me about his ring. I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busybodies." Meredith answers with a smirk.

"Then why did you protect him?" Elena questions.

"Because I'm a Doctor. I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And, because when he and I first met, I felt like, I don't know, I... I just kind of want to help him." Meredith explains.

"No! Meredith..." Rick's voice comes through the speaker breathlessly.

"Everything all right in there?" Meredith asks as she presses a button to talk back to him.

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's ok." Rick's answers.

(To me)

"It feel so long since I've been here..." I trail off as I walk into my house and up to my room.

Ugh." I groan as I fall onto my bed and let out a sigh. "Damon's bed is comfy, but I've missed my own bed." I think, but then sit up with a concerned expression as I see something stick out from my pillow causing me to grab it. Pulling it towards me I see my first Spellbook or I should say Esther's spell book and begin to flip through it. "Damon probably though I used this Vampire strength of mine to through him, but that was magic... Can I really still use it?" I wonder as I close my eyes, while hold my hand up and begin to mutter a spell.

"This power..." I trail off as I feel a powerful source of energy swirling around me and I open my eyes to see my body was glowing as I see almost everything bit my bed was floating around me. "So Siphons can use magic even if they get turned into a Vampire?!" I wonder as everything sets back onto the ground, while my eyes widened.

(To Rick)

"Meredith says everything's normal." Elena states as she walks over to him.

"Well, everything is normal. Because there is nothing wrong with me. I didn't kill Brain Walters, I didn't kill Bill Forbes, and I sure as hell didn't shove a hunting knife into my stomach... Or I did, and I've gone insane, just like your ancestor, who... Wore that ring." Rick insists as he fidgets with his ring.

"Look, I'm going to call Bonnie. The rings were made by a Bennet Witch. So, maybe she can reverse the damage." Elena informs, but Rick then slides the ring towards Elena.

"Take it. I don't want it anymore." Rick declares causing Elena to grab the ring, but look at him at the same time.

"Ready to ditch this house of horrors? Oof, you look terrible." Damon points out and Rick chuckles.

"Yeah, let me- let me check out of here." Rick stutters as he walks away from them.

"Shouldn't you be teaching (Y/N), right now?" Elena asks glaring over at Damon.

"That girl is stubborn to her core just like you... She won't feed from anything but blood bags." Damon answers causing them both to begin walking through the Hospital.