Chapter 66

(To Rick)

He was sitting in his classroom fiddling with a dagger in his hands, but he then hears footsteps causing him to look over at the door.

"What do you mean, you're ditching my clean-up committee?" Caroline asks as she was waling through the halls on the phone.

"Klaus called. He's leaving town and wants me to pack up his house." Tyler answers.

"Well, since when does Sire Bond equal Mover Slave?" Caroline questions.

"Since he realized you're not going to dump me for him." Tyler responds causing her to sigh.

"He's being petty." Caroline whispers.

"And he still thinks I'm sired to him. It's fine. I'll keep up the act and it will all be over soon." Tyler states causing Caroline to sigh once again.

"I'm late. I've got to go. I love you." Tyler declares.

"I love you, too." Caroline says as she takes the phone from her ear and hangs it up. Suddenly she begins to hear banging causing her to look around the school hallway.

"Hello?" Caroline calls out and wait for a moment, but then walks over to the Cafeteria.

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute." Rebekah informs.

"Are you kidding me? So it's just us? Yes, and you're late. Clean-up committee stated at 8:00." Rebekah insists as she continued to clean up trash.

"It's like 8:02." Caroline counters as she stares down at her phone.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized." Rebekah recounters as she walks over to the big trash can and dumps out the trash in her tiny one into it.

"I'm sorry about your Mom. I mean, I know you, like, hated her and everything, but still. I'm sorry." Caroline apologizes, while Rebekah stared at her for a moment, but then goes back to emptying the trash can.

"Sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy." Rebekah apologizes as well causing Caroline to nod.

"Yeah. He was." Caroline says causing Rebekah to look over at her.

"I'm going to get started on the Gym." Rebekah states as she begins walking into the hallway, but stops as she sees Rick.

"You're supposed to be dead." Rebekah points out.

"I am." Rick declares causing Rebekah to rush over to him, but he pushes her up against the lockers and goes to stab her with the stake. Suddenly, Caroline rushes over pulling Rick off of Rebekah, who rushes over at stabs him with his own stake. At the sight of him not decaying or becoming they back up with a slightly frightened expression causing them to look over at each other. Rick pulls out the dagger and looks up to see they both vanished. Running as fast as she can over to her car, Caroline grabs out her keys trying to find the right one, but Rick appears behind her and snaps her neck. Falling limp to the ground, Rick began to drag her as the sun was burning him.

(To me)

I was spilling paint into a bucket as Elena and Jeremy were painting the walls causing me to let out a sigh.

"Going darker, huh?" Stefan voice rings out causing us all to look over to see him leaning against the door frame of the room.

"Not on purpose..." I trail off.

"It's the only color we had." Elena states.

"That's what happened when you decide to paint your dead guardian's room in the middle of the night." Jeremy adds causing me to scoff.