Chapter 64

(To me)

"Rick?" I call out, while standing in front of the cell door.

"Yep, still me." Rick states causing me to open the door and walk in to see him sitting on the bed.

"You know you shouldn't be in here. Defeats the point of the whole being locked in a cellar thing." Rick declares and I chuckle.

"1st I'm a Heretic apparently so you won't be able to hurt me." I inform as I sat down the bag I was carrying in front of him. "2nd you still need the basics toothbrush, clothes, some boring books to help you sleep, Elena's idea." I add as he was looking through the bad and then turned to me.

"Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?" Rick asks as he holds up a book.

"What that wasn't what she- Damon. Him and his jokes, a lot of the time it's not funny." I answer as I grabbed the book.

"At least one of us still has a sense of humor." Rick points out causing me to sigh.

"I hate seeing you in here." I insist causing Rick to look around.

"Oh, no, this is... Ah, this is the right place for me to be. At least until you guys can convince my highly uncooperative alter ego to 'fess up to where I- or... He hid the White Oak stake." Rick explains causing me to fold my arms.

"We looked everywhere. You... The other you hid it well and I don't think I have any spells that will help." I inform.

"What's Klaus going to do if you can't find it?" Rick questions.

"It's the only thing that will kill him, so... Wage war, murder people, compel me to be his slave. You know the usual, Klaus stuff." I explain as I walk over and sit in the chair that was in the cell.

"So Klaus can compel you even though you're a Witch and a Vampire?" Rick asks and I nod.

"Listen, Stefan is going to watch over you for a little while. Now that Klaus apparently knows where Jeremy is, we felt that Damon and I should go to Denver and get him." I say causing Rick to put on a confused expression.

"Why do you say that like you're waiting for me to disapprove?" Rick questions causing me to go silent.

"Probably because I want a reason to not have him come back... I mean, he sounded so happy on the phone and everything is going so great for him." I respond, but Rick narrows his eyes at me.

"That's not it, you're scared. Aren't you, (Y/N)?" Rick asks causing me to go silent.

"I am... I'm scared about what my brother will say when he finds out. I don't know how I can face him." I answer causing Rick to come closer to me and grab my hands and I look up.

"He's you're brother, (Y/N). Jeremy will understand you both are more alike than you realize." Rick comforted and I then smile.

"Thanks, Rick." I thanked.

(To Damon)

"Did you hear from Klaus?" Damon asks as he drops his and (Y/N) bags on the ground.

"Not yet. I'm sure I will soon, though. He's expecting me to deliver two stakes. I only have one." Stefan answers as he fidgets with the stake, while Damon walks over to him.

"Well, that's going to be disappointing for him. Another reason why (Y/N)'s going and not Elena, which will also give you time to get her back." Damon points out causing Stefan to glare over at Damon.

"I've got no time for that... I'm gonna get the whereabouts of that stake out of Alaric." Stefan states and Damon sighs.

"I like the confidence, Stefan. I don't share it, but I like it." Damon declares.