||7||

If I had known what waited for us, I would have taken Bella and ran. But, I was a fool and so was Bella. We didn't know our lives would change in the course of one baseball game. Edward and Bella had went back to our house, because Edward wanted to meet Charlie, formally.

I couldn't go, because I couldn't exactly tell my Dad that I was with Carlisle. He would probably try to kill Carlisle, which again, was pretty impossible.

Instead, I rode with Carlisle to the clearing. We reached the clearing pretty quickly, and I saw that the other Cullen's were already there. I smiled when Carlisle opened the door for me.

"What a gentleman." I said, smirking as I stepped from the car.

He laughed, his golden eyes lighting up. "I try to be."

Emmett sped over to us. "He lies. If you've ever played a game with him, you'd see how ungentlemanly like he can be." He said, slapping Carlisle on the back.

I laughed. "I bet." I said. I walked over to stand beside Rosalie then. I was sort of insecure standing next to her, she was a goddess after all.

"So, which one of you is the best at baseball?" I asked, glancing up at her. She smiled slightly. "Me, of course. Though Edward thinks he holds the title." She said, grinning.

I laughed. "Yeah, I can see that." I said. All of the vampires turned their heads toward the end of the clearing, probably seeing something I couldn't.

"They're here. Joy." Rosalie said, a bitter sort of edge to her voice. I glanced at her. Why was she so angry at Bella, but not me?

Emmett came over and rubbed Rosalie's shoulders. "Chill, Rose." He said. I walked over to Carlisle. "So tell me, when do I get to see how vampires play baseball?" I asked, grabbing his hand. He laughed. "Well, right about now." He said. It was odd but for some reason I felt like Carlisle and I had been together for a while.

Everything just came so naturally.

Edward and Bella walked over to us then.

"Hey Bells!" I said and she smiled at me. I saw she had on a baseball cap too and it made me smile.

The thunder boomed and I jumped a little. "Eerie isn't it?" Emmett said, winking at Bella. She grinned back at him, looking a little surprised he was talking to her.

Alice smiled then and turned to us. "It's time." She said. I glanced at Bella. "Okay, you girls can play umpire. Call them as you see them." Carlisle said, and I smiled. He stepped up to the plate, and twirled the bat. I'd never found athleticism attractive, but I was finding this very attractive.

How could such a handsome man exist? Well, I was very lucky. I honestly didn't know what he saw in me. I watched as he hit the baseball and jumped as it made a huge noise. Just like thunder. They must have to use the thunder as a cover because they were so strong.

Carlisle sped past us then to first base. Bella glanced at me as he ran.

"So are you and Carlisle a thing now?" She asked me, returning her eyes to the game.

"Well, we kissed. We haven't actually talked about anything else yet." I told her and she nodded.

"This is so wild, isn't it?" I asked as Rosalie came to bat. She hit the ball and it flew through the air. I didn't even want to think about how fast it was going.

I was distracted by Rosalie speeding our way then. She landed on the plate just before Edward placed the ball on the plate. Bella said, "Out." Rosalie rose from the plate, glaring at Bella. "I said safe." I said, raising my hands in surrender.