||19||

June 11th, 2006

The last week had flown by as we'd spent most of the time we had training to fight the newborns. Jasper had given each of us one-on-one training when he could.

The wolves never showed up in their human forms, as they didn't trust us enough yet.

Still, I think they learned some valuable tips for fighting off the newborns. Now if only we could all make it out of this fight. I didn't want to think about the alternative.

Alex and Dad had settled into the house, and Dad had become a lot more civil to Carlisle and Edward.

Alex had been helping Rose and Emmett with their own personal research as well. After hearing that a vampire woman could carry a child with the help of a witch, Alex had been searching for a witch from Freya's bloodline. She'd explained that the spell was passed down and would need to be performed by a descendant of Freya.

From what they'd told me, they were getting closer to finding a descendant. I was so happy for Rose and Emmett to finally have their baby. I knew it was what they'd wanted for a long time.

Another thing that happened was Bella decided to marry Edward. She'd told me he proposed again and she accepted it. She was now waiting to be changed until after their wedding.

It seemed like everything was going well, which was odd considering the life or death battle we were going to have in a week.

Alice had peered through the blindspots the wolves created to give us a date. June 15th. That meant we had only four days left.

Graduation was today and I was happy Dad was able to attend. Alex had gone with him to make sure he remained calm, even though he still had very good restraint for a newborn.

Everyone was at graduation, except for me. Carlisle told me he would stay back with me but I told him that he should go to the graduation.

Now here I was, awaiting my diploma to arrive in the mail. I'd spent most of last night helping Alice prepare the decorations for the graduation party tonight. I was going to have to stay out of sight for that, since my old classmates would be there.

Alice had went all out, but then again, she always did.

I heard a knock on the door and I smelled blood. The delivery man. I walked to the door at a human pace and opened it.

The man's eyes widened for a moment and I heard his heart speed up. It was still so weird to me how vampires affected humans.

"Hi, are you Lillian Cullen?" He asked me and I nodded quickly. The name still caught me off guard even though it was my middle name and my future last name. I'd had to go by that name to graduate.

"This is yours." The man said, holding out the package. I smiled and took it.

"Thank you." I said and the man cleared his throat before nodding. "You're welcome. Have a nice day, miss." He said before stumbling his way down the steps.

Had I really been that uncoordinated as a human?

I closed the door and grinned as I looked down at the package. I was going to wait until Carlisle made it back to open it. I wanted him to be with me.

As I thought that, I heard familiar footsteps approaching. A few sets of them. It seemed everyone was back.

I turned to see Carlisle standing behind me.

"Wow, don't you look dashing?" I joked, talking about his tuxedo he was wearing.

He grinned at me then saw what I was holding. "Is that it?" He asked and I grinned.