Shackled

Returning to the present, Adrianna moved her attention to Nova who was studying the girl. "If I would've hesitated and waited for Arther to release me, she would be dead." She spoke while watching his reaction. "Her attacker was getting ready to go for the kill."

"You honestly are a good soul aren't you Adrianna Frost." Arther said, walking up behind her.

"I serve to please and to protect. I figured if your buyers all died at the hands of slaves, you and your group would go out of business, and be over run with slaves." She added the last part as an afterthought, spinning on her knee to face him. "In short you and Issaic would die. Your family line would end, and the other witch lines would take over and eventually forget you."

Just then the buyers began to rise and awaken to their full mindsets. "Arther, who is this?" The seller asked approaching them. "She's wearing the slave bonds..."

"Nikko, I would like to introduce you to Adrianna Frost." Arther said, placing his hand on her shoulder and squeezing for her to stand. As she stood Nikko seemed to tense up and the smell of fear nearly overwhelmed her. Perhaps he had heard of her before, or was he someone whom she had simply forgotten?

"Mr. Nikko, you need to calm down before you give yourself a heart attack, You'll make me sick to my stomach." Adrianna said wishing there was something she could do to calm him without physically touching him. Reaching out gently she pressed the tips of her right index and middle finger to the point between his brows and sent calming sensations through him.

Almost instantly his body began to release the tension, and the air lightened up. At least he didn't reek of fear anymore. "Forgive me for that, but I don't believe any of you would want me to get sick. A sick slave sells for less than a healthy one." She pointed out as she took her hand back and ran it through her hair.

"Adrianna Frost did all of this alone?" Was the only thing that came from Nikko and even that was a squeaked question.

"Let's get you back to our place so we can do your paperwork." Arther said as the slaves began to stir and the buyers seemed to all tense at once. No doubt they would be on edge for some time after having the slaves lash out like that. Most buyers knew only a slaves obedience, or expected it. Either way it seemed as though none of them had been through something like this before.

"Are you sure this is really a good time to be leaving?" She asked looking over at the slaves who were beginning to stand to their feet. If any of them were to get out of line, she was bound by Issaic to deal with it, for the sheer purpose of keeping other masters and mistresses safe.

"I'm sure. These are to be your new coworkers. I doubt you want them hating you while you sleep. Even the great Adrianna Frost isn't invincible, and you showed that tonight." Arther said glancing over at the slaves before returning his attention to her. Adrianna had to hide a scowl, if not for that pact with Issaic, she would have been on her merry way already.

"So many different power levels, some... most greater than that of the masters here... how do you manage to keep them obedient?" She asked looking to Arther's eyes. When he didn't answer her right away, she grew wary. What was it that had him silent to her question? "Arther?" Her dislike of the possible reason touched and mingled with her tone.

"Those with more power than their master, are to wear a special collar." The word special was said differently, as though it were the end of the explanation, and yet he went on. "The mistress or master can set limitations to those collars, so that only they can allow the servant more power than the master in case of emergency, or where the master may need protection with only his or her slaves to rely on." He barely paused, though something in his eyes flickered. "They can release either the slaves full power, or give them a fraction of their power." Arther said, finally meeting Adrianna's eyes with a cold look of sadness, as if he knew what it felt like to have his powers bound.