Transparent Stars

The sequel to Lesbian Guardians Make Decent Friends is coming, but I decided to do a few things in between because I'm a little scared to look back the sequel. There's a questionable scene or two in there. 😬

This story was on Wattpad at a point, but I unpublished it for some reason. However, it is still on my Quotev. This came at the end of 2020, which is when I was semi-okay at writing.

It happens within the same world/universe as Lesbian Guardians Make Decent Friends, but in the future

It happens within the same world/universe as Lesbian Guardians Make Decent Friends, but in the future. Where technically exists alongside magic and these creatures.

And it's only like 1000 words, because the story was never actually finished. This is technically just the first chapter. But it's also the only chapter so I guess it's like a one-shot?

Also, I do completely hate this one and the same character is narrating through the entire story. Once again, my commentary is in bold.

Some nights the sky is full of stars. Stars that are millions- billions of miles of away from this planet. Every stars burns bright until it reaches the end of its life. At the end of it's time burning in space it explodes. Dies.

This opening paragraph is pretty neat, in my opinion. In a way in correlates to the subtheme of story being that all the characters were sent to die in a war.

Much like living things. Most living things die at some point. Whether the life span is ten years to ten thousand years. Everything reaches its end, eventually.

Nigel be spitting facts.

I sometimes lie awake at night, contemplating the concepts of life and death.

Didn't realize you were my self insert. 😂

Perhaps I do it to cope with the fact that I am afraid. Afraid of life. Afraid of death. Afraid of never truly discovering my purpose to exist on this world. The thought of dying at the worst time possible fills my thoughts when I am left alone without anything to distract myself from doing so.

That's deep.

Enough with my nonsense ramblings.

My name is Nigel Cutter. My adventure began when I was called to serve my time in war. More specifically, Outpost Bomb Trail.

Now for the self introduction followed by an exposition dump. 🙄

I, along with four others, found ourselves at a small military outpost sent atop a snow covered mountain to monitor the area. Our assigned captain was a man of the name Dolan Highbirth. His father had served as a captain in the previous war which had been followed up by the one I was called to serve in. I suppose he followed in his father's footsteps.