Hayestown

This was also an assignment for my writing class. However, we wrote scripts this time so it's a little weird to read.

Some background, I guess.

Ignore the romance subplot thing it says

Ignore the romance subplot thing it says. That's wrong and has since been decanonized.

As the description says and you probably already guessed, this takes place in the fantasy world that I love so much. But the better, revised version. Also, it takes place around the same time as the last story because I thought it would be cool to have them be connected.

And our protagonist is a fish man, because I like  fish people.

HAYESTOWN

EPISODE 1, SEASON 1:

WELCOME TO EASTWOOD (Pilot Episode)

Written By

Me (lol)

Who else would have written this? Your mom?

FADE IN:

EXT. DAWNLEAF RANCH - DAY

The EXT means outside and it says then the location and time. That's scripts, I guess.

Magnolia is feeding the water cows, while Hayes is leaning up against the fence, seeming a bit bored by their surroundings.

They have special cows that you milk for water instead of milk. They're red and white like Minecraft mooshrooms.

MAGNOLIA

So, how did it go at Teddy's?

Teddy's is a restaurant, by the way.

HAYES

Things are as tedious as ever.

*flashbacks to last chapter*

MAGNOLIA

Maybe this isn't your thing, Hayes. Maybe...

HAYES

Maybe, what?

MAGNOLIA

Your uncle offered you a job, enforcing the law in his territory. I think you should take it before it's off the table.

Hayes uncle is the president of Newbang.

Magnolia walks over to the fence HAYES was leaning against, leaning beside him to speak to him face-to-face.

We're they not already speaking face to face? Was Magnolia looking at the cows while she was talking to Hayes?

MAGNOLIA (CONT'D)