Foreverland

Spoilers for Season 1 of The Promised Neverland

This is another fanfiction where I inserted my OCs into the context of the story. This one a little less than Daily Normal because it's not an XReader. It's an OC x OC.

Here's the background and whatnot.

There isn't much to warn for other than spoilers for The Promised Neverland and really bad portrayals of how being gay works

Enjoy.

Chapter 1: The Less You Learn, The More You Know

Taylor Point Of View~~~~

Every morning the suns rises, all 38 of us get up from our beds. It's like we're one big family, though none of us are actually related. We're all orphans, waiting to be adopted. Today was like most days except... My best-friend, Athena, is getting adopted on her birthday! I'm so happy for her, even if I am a little envious. I'll get adopted one day, hopefully. That what Mom says, anyway. She's our caretaker. Even if we don't get adopted before we turn 12, we'll get to somewhere else on our 12th birthday.

Taylor's optimism is completely inconsistent for the rest of this story.

I hugged Athena one last time and said trying not to cry too much,"Be sure to write to me, okay?! I miss you so much, already!" I cry into her shoulder. "Hey, Tay, I'll write to you everyday. If didn't that would make me an awful bestie." She slowly pushed me away, as we stared into each others eyes. She blinked and smiled at me. I felt my face go turn a little pink.

And history said they were good friends.

Her hair was light brown with a red tint to it, very curly, like always, but it was prettier today. She had on a navy blue overcoat, a greyish-brown skirt, white socks, blue dress shoes and a black fedora with a grey line around it. "It's time, Athena. Grab your things." Mom said looking and at Athena with a big smile. Athena grabbed her suitcase and two left. Athena's 12 and I'm 11.

This is scene is really cute, but also really sad if you've seen the show.

When Mom got back everyone went to their beds. I couldn't sleep. The thought of Athena not being here, in her bed beside me got to me. I couldn't sleep. All I thought about was her. The next morning went the sun came up, I didn't. I just wanted to lay in bed all day. I didn't want to go outside and play tag. I didn't want to eat, heck I didn't care if it wasn't good for me. Things aren't the same without Athena here to wake me up.

Taylor and Athena's friendship went beyond an average kind of bond.

"Hey." A familiar voice said. I looked up to find Skyler, another one of the orphans here, who hasn't been adopted. He's the same age as me. "Look, I know you miss Athena, we all do. But, she got adopted, no one can change that. Do you think she'd want you to miss her or move on?" He asked, sitting on my bed trying to comfort me. I didn't response.