The ball

Flame's POV

I sigh and jump into the shower, we decided on a black and white themed ball, Ryder and I were of course going together. I step into my bubble bath, I look at at some of my paperwork that is illuminated by the light of the several candles that had been lit in my bathroom. Ryder had moved in with me when mum and dad got a place of their own and Jace moved into a house that he got designed and built with his mate, Jason stayed with us on the other side of the house with Ashley. Rogues weren't a problem for us since we were the strongest pack in the world and challenging us was having a death wish, we take in rogues that we think need help which are mostly teenagers or children who don't have parents.

We have many allies in the US to their relief, my pack has gotten along well with Ryder's pack. I whooped the sluts asses in shape in less than a week, they seriously needed help. I check the time to see that I have been in the bath for an hour already, I hop out and slip on my silk bath robe. Mate I want mate. Aiyana whines, I laugh at her. We saw him an hour ago and he has to get ready in a different room, unfortunately. I reply, Ryder's sister Lily was in town and she demanded that we get ready separately.

I hear a knock at the door "Come in." I say, Lily walks in with Nicole and the Make-up. "I only want natural, OK?" I demand Lily nods, I sit down and she puts on my eye make-up and lipstick. I smile and put on my black dress, it had a tight bodice with sequins then the dress puffed out slightly. Nicole quickly changes and I work on Lily's make-up, I decide on a pink smoky eye and white eyeshadow with pink lipstick. I pull back and admire my work. "Done" Lily beams and throws on her dress, I have my hair in a half up and half down. I put on my black earrings and diamond necklace that Cassidy gave me for the ball, I had tried to decline but she forced me to accept it.

I smile, Lily had done a black smoky eye with red eyeshadow and red lipstick. I hug Lily being careful not to ruffle up her dress or mine, we take a deep breath and walk downstairs where the boys were waiting. I see Ryder look me up and down admiring my dress, I bite my lip and see he has a tux on. I walk up to him and he wraps his arm around my waist. "You look beautiful." He whispers as we sit in the limo, the warriors who weren't attending the ball which was about 30 were put on patrol.

We step out of the limo onto a red carpet, I laugh and walk down the carpet into the venue. I look around and see black and white streamers wrapped around the pillars that were supporting the roof, the refreshment tables was up against a wall and there were tables reserved for each family around the dance floor. "They really went out on this didn't they?" I whisper to Ryder, he smiles and nods. We sit down at our table that was reserved for our families, after about half an hour everybody was here and chatting.

I stand up and walk over to the stage that was set up for announcements, I grab the mike. "Hello everyone, I would like to thank you for your support on the merging of both our packs. This ball is a thank you gift and I hope you enjoy it." I speak into the microphone, people cheer and I hop down off of the stage and next to Ryder.

I check my phone for the time and see that we have been here for 3 hours. "Baby, I'll be right back." Ryder says and walks off towards the DJ, Ryder gives the DJ something and the DJ smiles at me. I smile back and turn back to my parents conversation which had suddenly turned to about Ryder and I's personal life. I see Nicole come back in the room with a flustered Hunter, I smirk and walk over to Nicole. "Can I borrow Nicole real quick?" I ask, Hunter nods and I drag Nicole to an empty table. "So, you had sex with Hunter." I say, Nicole looks down and her face turns red as a tomato. I laugh. "Did you two use protection?" I ask, her eyes widen in realisation. I laugh at her and she looks around furiously for Hunter, finally spotting him she walks off towards him.