Conditions

Flame's POV

I open my eyes to see the kids missing, I strain my ears to see is they are moving around the house. I hear their soft heartbeats coming from their rooms, I sigh in relief and get up off of the bed. I run my hand through my hair, this is so stressful. Should I give Ryder a chance? Should I hear him out? What if Layton and Dalton don't like him? Dalton aleeady hates him.

Aiyana, what do you think I should do? I reach out to her, I wait for an answer. Give him a chance and hear him out. I smile, happy that my wolf answered me. I quickly do my morning routine and run downstairs where everyone was eating breakfast, shit I slept in. I walk into the kitchen and all eyes are on me, I make myself a coffee and drink it while packing Layton and Dalton's school bags.

"Put your shoes on." I order them, the kids stand up and start putting their shoes on. "Mommy, what about breakfast?" Layton asks, I glare at Nate for not feeding my kids. "What?" I sigh and quickly make them pancakes. "Eat up, we're going to be late." They dig in and I sit down in a chair, a hand covers mine and by the sparks I know it is Ryder. I pull my hand away and put my mug away, a cranky looking Hannah walks in and grabs a bottle of water then walks out.

"Boys why don't you stay at home today?" I ask, not feeling up to driving for 2 hours. "But mommy, I wanna go to school." Layton whines, I sigh and stand up. "I wanna stay home and watch TV!" Dalton shouts and Layton cheers, suddenly not wanting to go to school. "Shh, you'll wake up aunt Hannah." I put a finger to my lips and they stop shouting, I laugh and look at Nate. Nate shrinks back into his chair and I roll my eyes. "Nate, get one of your friends to go out with Layton and Dalotn to pick out a movie." I order him. "Why can't you go?" Chris asks, I look at him and pat his shoulder.

"Because I need to talk to Ryder about something, make sure you get something appropriate for 5 year olds." I hand Chris my card and he nods, he takes their hands and walks out. "Couldn't be bothered driving that far?" Nate smirks, I glare at him. "No, no I couldn't be bothered to drive 2 fucking hours." I roll my neck making it click, I stand up and grab a glass of water. "OK, we need to settle on a deal. I have some conditions." I smirk as Ryder gulps, Jace and Jason laugh. "They're not going to be easy." Jace sings, I smile and we head upstairs to Nate's office.

"Let's hear em." Ryder says, sitting down in a chair. I follow suite and sit in front of him, I take a deep breath. "OK I will go back with you but not because I forgive you, but because I feel bad for keeping Dalton and Layton away from their grandparents. Here are my conditions: 1. You have to get my family's forgiveness, 2. You need to get my pack to forgive you, 3. You must earn Dalton and Layton's trust which is tricky because they don't trust easily and Dalton already dislikes you, 4. You have no right over me until you fulfil the other conditions. OK?" I smirk as Ryder fights with his wolf about the conditions. "OK" Econ comes out and says, I nod and the door opens. I look and see Dalton there. "Hey baby, why are you here and not with Chris?" I ask and put Dalton on my lap.

"I wanted to know if we were leaving or staying." Dalton rests his head on my shoulder, I ruffle his hair. I know that Dalton doesn't want to go with Ryder but it's for the best. "Hey look I'm sorry but we are going." Tears spring up into Dalont's eyes and he jumps off of my lap and runs out of the room, I look up and then at Ryder. "Excuse me." I run after Dalotn and find him in his room crying, I walk over to him and hold him. "Hey, hey look at me." Dalton looks at me with tear filled eyes, I almost back out of leaving. Almost. "Don't you want to see grandma, grandpa, nana, poppa?" I ask him, he nods and I kiss his head. "How do you know about Ryder?" I ask the question that was eating away in my head.

"I heard uncle Nate and uncle Jace talking." He mutters, I nod and stand up off of the ground and onto the bed. I feel eyes on me and I know that it is Nate, Ryder, Jace and Jason. "Just because we're going doesn't mean that I forgive him." I look at Dalotn to see a look of hope in his eyes, I look away and a tear slips out of my eye. "Can you promise me something?" I ask, Dalton nods and I make him look into my eyes. "I want you to give Ryder a chance." Dalton shakes his head and I close my eyes. Why can't he just agree? Because, he's a momma's boy and doesn't want us hurt. Aiyana mumbles, I look at him and see his pleading eyes that were burning my insides.

"Please, give him a chance. For me?" Hope laced my tone and Dalton looks back up at me and nods. "So you met your wolf." I change the subject and Dalton's eyes light up, he jumps up and down on my lap and I laugh. "Yep and his name is Raul (Ra-ul) He's amazing and funny." I laugh at his excitement. "Did you know that Raul means wolf council?" I ask, Dalton shakes his head. "We're back!" Dalton runs off to tell Chris about his wolf, I lie down on his bed and sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote

Comment

Enjoy