Unexpected

Ryder's POV

Baby, I need to stay at my pack for the night. I hope that's OK. I link Flame. That's OK hun. She replies, hun, it has a nice ring to it. I should tell Flame to call me that more often, I sigh and walk to the meeting room where the elders and I were meeting for some reason. They just called a meeting and demanded for me to be there, I wish that the pack didn't need elders. I walk into the conference room and to see the elders already there and waiting, I sit down at the head of the table. The oldest elder speaks first. "This is about your mate." I immediately straighten up at the mention of Flame, I narrow my eyes into slits at him. "What about her?" I ask ready to kill the elder if he said anything bad about my love. "She can not be our Luna." I growl and pounce at the elder but the others hold me in a firm grip, I thrash around but after a few moments I go limp knowing that I can't break out of their grip.

"She is an alpha of another pack." Another elder declares, the elders never liked the Thunderstorm pack. "We are going to merge packs so that is solved." I say and rearrange my clothing to look more presentable. "She is a merciless alpha." Someone else says. "No she is not, she is an amazing and forgiving alpha. She is a merciless alpha to others to remain feared and that lessens the dangers on that pack." I announce, I see the elders think hard about what the next accusation should be. "She is not a mother figure." Someone says, seriously how many are there exactly? "She is a mother figure, she loves kids and kids love her back." I say, they open their mouths but a growl from me shuts them up. "That is enough!! She is your future Luna and that's final whether you like it or not." I shout and storm out of the room.

Mate, let's go to mate Econ suggests. Yeah. I agree with him and sprint outside into the woods, I strip and shift into my midnight black wolf. I take my clothes in between my teeth and run to Flame's house, I see the lights on and shift back throwing my clothes on. I knock on the door and Mathew answers it with a smile. "Hello, is Flame here?" I ask Mathew since I couldn't sense her in the house. "She should be" Mathew says and leads me into the kitchen." Jace." Mathew and Helene say in unison, Jace's head snaps up and he looks around. "Yeah?" He asks with his mouth full, for a 23 year old he sure as hell acts like a teenager. "Don't speak with your mouth full." Helene scolds, he gulps his food quickly and opens his mouth sarcastically for his mother to check.

"Do you know where Flame is?" Mathew asks, Jace looks up for a second. "Uh no I don't" He says. "Sure you don't" Jason says and Jace shoves Jason, Jace stands up to leave but Mathew stops him. "Where is she Jace?" He asks, Jace sighs and says. "She's gone to a club and I don't know the club name but she promised to call if she needed help." Why would she go to a club? Econ whines. Don't know I answer. "Jason, what club does she normally go to?" I ask him, he looks around for a second as if checking to see if anyone is listening. "Adonis, the club Adonis but you can't get in. You'll have to wait in line even if you're an alpha only Jace, Flame and I can get in without having to line up." He shrugs. "Then take me there." I say to Jason, his eyes light up and he drags me to his room. He throws some jeans and a v neck white see through top, I look at him. "Dude, you're not going to a club wearing that." He says and goes to the bathroom to change. I quickly slip on the clothes and drop my previous ones off in my room that I have for when I stay the nights.

We reach the club Adonis and Jason nods at the bouncer who bows respectfully. "He's with me and he's allowed to enter without lining up from now on." Jason states and walks in with me, the club reeks of alcohol, sweat and sex. I look around to see Flame walk onto the dance floor and start dancing. "She's a good dancer isn't she?" I hear a voice say and turn around to see it was Jason, I nod and weave my way towards her. She was wearing black short shorts with a black singlet, black combat boots and my mark showing clearly. I tap her shoulder and she turns around, her eyes widen when she see's me, her shock immediately vanishes and she practically drags me to the bar. Our little mate is so strong Econ gushes like a love sick puppy. "8 tequila shots please." She shouts over the music to the bartender, he nods and hands her, her drinks. She hands me 4 shots and downs her 4, I quickly finish my own, we then walk to the dance floor and dance.