The Twist

Sidra's POV:

I tried to force open my heavy eyelids, but no matter how much I tried, they just wouldn't open. I tried moving, but my body felt paralyzed, and moving it became very hard. My chest felt like someone had placed a heavy rock on it, and my head felt like it had been smashed open by a hammer.

"I think she's regaining her consciousness.", I heard a voice. I then heard footsteps, walking in towards me.

What is going on? Where am I?

I felt a warm hand grab my cold left hand. The fingers traced to were my pulse was. Was the person trying to check my pulse?

The person let go of my hand, and said, "Inform them."

Inform who? Inform what? Why can't I open my eyes?

The lady agreed and walked out, while this strange man walked out too. I could tell by their footsteps.

A few moments later, somebody walked in again. I could hear them pull a chair next to me, as the sat down and grabbed my palms.

The hands were cold.

"Sidra?", he spoke.

Shehryaar!

I immediately recognized his voice. It was him.

"Sidra aankhen kholo please. Talk to me."

I want to talk to you Shehry!

My voice didn't seem to go up my throat. I couldn't move my lips.

Shehry's POV:

I grabbed her cold palms, and watched her as she lay almost lifeless on the bed. Her skin was pale, and her face resembled a dead person's face.

"Sidra?", I whispered, hoping she would open her eyes.

"Sidra aankhen kholo please. Talk to me.", I continued, as tears began to form in my eyes.

Was this all my mistake? Was this happening because of me?

"I'm sorry Sidra. I really am. Please aankhen kholo.", spoke in a hushed tone, and Hussain walked forward and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Shehry sambhaal apne aap ko."

"Kaise sambhalu Hussain? Kaise? Yeh sab meri wajah se hua hai.", I said, as those tears that were impatiently waiting in my eyes, now began to roll down my cheeks.

"Sidra please ek baar aankhen kholo.", I said closing my eyes, trying to hold in me tears when Hussain spoke, "Shehry!"

I looked up at him, and he had his finger up, pointing towards something. I traced his finger with my eyes, and my eyes fell on Sidra's face. A tiny tear rolled down her right cheek.

"Sidra! Tum mujhey sun sakti ho na?", I exclaimed, "Toh please aankhen kholo."

Amna's POV:

"Nahi karungi!", I yelled out for the last time, before stomping up the stairs. I walked into my room, and threw myself on the bed, shutting the door behind me.

**bang bang**

"Amna, darwaaza kholo. Aise nhi karte!", my mom yelled out from the other side of the door. "Ek baar call karlo usey."

"Mama aap yaha se chali jayein please.", I cried, covering my face with a pillow, toa void letting the sound of my cries from getting out.

Why did you do this to me Shehryaar?

**buzz**

My phone, which was on the vibrate mode, buzzed. A part of my heart was hoping for it to be Shehry's text, but the other part kept telling me not to check my phone.

After a few minutes of lying in silence, I sat up, wiped away my tears with a napkin, and grabbed my phone.

HUSSAIN: City hospital. Now. Room #456.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Hospital?

Hussain's POV:

 I had texted Amna, an hour ago, and she should've been her by now. Where was she? Did she even read my text?

"Hussain?"

"Amna!!! Thankgod you're here. You didn't reply so I thought you didn't read my text!", I exclaimed, as she hurried across the hospital corridor. Her forhead was sweaty, and she looked really nervous.

"Everything alright? Shehry...Shehry k-kahan hai?", she spoke, trying to catch her breath.

"Follow me.", I spoke, and led her into Sidra's room.

"Sidra? Shehry? What happened?", Amna exclaimed, looking at the sight in front of her.

Shehry let go of her hand, and walked towards us and hugged Amna, while she just had shocked expression on her face.

He held her hand, and walked her out of the room, while I stayed in with Sidra.

Shehry's POV:

Amna was so confused. She didn't know what had happened. I sat her down on one of the chairs, while I sat next to her, still holding her hand.

I explained everything to her and told her what happened.

"Ya Allah!", is all that escaped her lips, while she still tried to recover from her shock.

We talked for a bit, and I told her how Sidra had lost a lot of blood, and was no very weak.

"I think this is all my fault.", I whispered.

"No Shehry its not!", she cupped my face in her hands, and rested her forehead against mine. "Its no one's fault."

"It is Amna! It is!", I pulled back. "This has happened because of me. Na main us par chilla ta, na ghussa hota, aur na who yeh karti!"

"Shehry! Stop blaming yourself.", she tried to convince me, as she raised her voice a bit this time.

"Amna, I don't know what to do. I can not live with this guilt. Apni galti ko sudhaar na chahta hu, but yeh nahi pata ki kaise!", I sobbed, covering my face with both my hands.

"Shehry, ek baat bolu?", she asked, in a firm tone.

I nodded.

"Marry her."