I'm Sorry

Amna’s POV: 

The words fell upon my ears like a bang. I felt as if it were a dream. A scary one.

“Baba..yeh…”, I didn’t even know what to say. No words came out of my mouth. I literally just froze.

“Amna, I know this is all of a sudden, but trust me, yehi theek hoga tumhare liye.”, Mum said as she placed her warm hands on top of mine, and pulled me closer and hugged me.

“But itni bhi kya jaldi hai? Abhi toh college shuru kia hai maine.” 

“Beta, our families know each other, and his dad and I are now even business partners. Aur main khud Asif ko kai saalon se jaanta hun. Bohot achi family hai beta. Aur main itne ache ladke ko gawana nahi chahta.”, Baba walked closer to me, and hugged me, “Is liye im just telling you to get engaged to him now, shaadi baad mein hogi.”

“Baba, aap nahi samajhte ho….yeh nahi ho sakta….”, I said as I pulled my self away from him and ran upto my room.

I walked into my room, and banged my door behind me very hard. I threw myself on my bed, and started crying. 

Why is this happening? Why?

And then a thought struck me, “Does Shehry know about this? Or was this his idea?” 

I quickly grabbed my phone, from the side table and texted him:

Me: Shehry…are you guys home yet? 

No reply. 

I waited for 5 minutes, and he still hadn’t replied, so I texted again: 

Me: Shehry, you there? 

Shehry: Hey sorry, I was a bit busy, yeah I’m home. 

Me: Okay…and? 

Shehry: And…? Amna, kya hua?

Me: You don’t know?

Shehry: Are you talking about…..?

Me: YES! You knew about it?

Shehry: Baba just mentioned it to me. 

Me: And…?

Shehry: And what?

Me: You’re okay with it? 

Shehry: You’re not?

Me: Shehry! I told you, I need some time for our friendship. And now we’re going to be engaged? I don’t think I’m ready for this. 

Shehry: Amna, bohot raat ho gayi hai, tum so jao….I’ll pick you up tomorrow, and we can discuss about this. I’ll be there by 1, be ready. 

UGHHHHH! Why doesn’t he undersrtand?

I just turned off my phone screen, changed my clothes, removed my makeup and went to sleep 

Shehry’s POV: 

“Sain?”, I said slowly walking into his room. Hussain was laying on his bed, but hadn’t slept yet. 

“Shehry…kya hua?”, he said, moving the comforter from his face. 

I went and sat on his bed, “ Sain, Baba wants me to get engaged to Amna!”