PTSD-18

And the more Peter watched Tony as the little shook in his arms, the more realization hit him.
Tony was having a panic attack...

//////////
Peter watched as the small man in his arms shook violently, his breaths becoming ragged and heavy as tears began to roll down his usually calm face.
For a moment it was almost as if Peter had been hit with a freeze ray gun like in the movies he'd watched. He suddenly understood why in films, people often froze when they were met with something surprising, or something that really frightened them.

He'd always heard of Tony having panic attacks, due to his PTSD, from the other Avengers. They would usually tell Peter stories about Tony flipping out over certain things such as if anyone on the team even got the slightest bit injured during a mission, and Peter would often hear someone like Bruce or Steve telling Tony to "breath Tones," if they noticed Tony's anxiety about to kick in. However, Peter had never seen one of Tony's attacks up close...until now, that is.
And what he saw broke his heart.
Thank goodness Peter had gathered some experience on what to do in the case of a panic attack through school, videos, and by helping himself through a small one he'd had before.
However, he knew that everyone had different ways of pulling themselves out of one, so he needed to see what method worked best for Tony.

"H-hey baby," Peter spoke nervously before taking a quick breath to soothe himself.
"You're okay baby boy, you're okay. Papa's here."
Tony's shaking and breathing didn't improve.
Peter continued to whisper sweet everythings into Tony's ear as he quickly made his way out of the pool and back onto dry land.
Peter sat down on the hard pool deck floor, cradling Tony in his arms.
"Baby, can you look at me? Can I see those beautiful brown eyes of yours?"
Peter caressed Tony's cheek slowly while also holding his tightly, and eventually, the little managed to look at Peter with his glossy, panicked eyes.
"Good job," Peter praised.
"Such a big boy. Such beautiful eyes. Now, me and you are going to count to ten, okay? Can you do that with me bunny?"
Tony looked up at Peter's calm, smiling face, and nodded softly.
"Perfect. Okay ready? Breathe with me."
Peter took a deep breath.
"One....two.....three..."
Tony slowly began to join it.
"F-fow....f-fiv'.....s-six....s-sef-fan..."
"Eight.....nine....ten...." Peter continued.
He looked down at Tony, received to see that his breathing was more even, and that his shaking was a little better than before.
"Are you okay baby?" Peter asked slowly, not sure if Tony's panic attack had ended or not. He brought up his hand to wipe away some of the stray tears that rolled down Tony's face.
The little choked back a sob and curled into a ball in Peter's lap, hiding his face in the Avenger's shirt.
Peter rubbed circles on his back.
"Shh, it's okay, your fine now. Papa's here."
He held Tony tightly for a while before eventually standing up and carrying the still soaking wet and upset little over to where he had placed the pool towels.
He picked up one of the plain white towels, wrapping it around Tony gingerly, before grabbing another and wrapping it around his own waist.
Tony rested his head on Peter's shoulder and began to softly suckle his thumb as Peter left the pool deck and entered the Avengers tower elevator once again, occasional sniffles breaking the silence between the caregiver and little.
Peter clicked the number 4 on the elevator as the doors slowly slid shut, bouncing Tony up and down in his arms as they waited.
Peter momentarily glanced at Tony in his arms, and found that the little's eyes were fluttering dangerously low.
"Hey baby boy," Peter cooed softly, brushing his hand through Tony's wet hair, making the little open his eyes.
"I know your tired, but first we have to take a bath so that we can get all the icky pool chemicals out of your soft hair, okay?"
By this point, the elevator doors had opened, and Peter was making his way down the hallway to Tony's room.

Tony whimpered softly as Peter swung open the door and padded into Tony's room, making a b-line directly for the luxurious bathroom.
"N-nu baf, "he pleaded quietly, fresh tears threatening to waterfall out of his eyes at any given moment.