A Connection-22

The first thing Stephen Strange saw when he walked through the portal that he had made into billionaire playboy, Tony Stark's personal lab...was a whole bunch of darkness.

He couldn't make anything out, and within his first step, he managed to stumble over what he assumed to be a wrench. Not to mention, the dark honestly scared him, he didn't know what dangers could lie in it.

His first instinct was to use his magic to flash some light into the dark room, but he then realized that doing so might scare Tony.

And he was correct.

Through the darkness and silence of the lab, Stephen began to hear a small, almost whining sound.

It was a whimper.

It was Tony.

Stephen honestly didn't know what to do. The other Avengers had forced him into this because they believed that he would be a good man for the job. They could've found another person like that Ant-Man, Scott Lang, to confront Tony, and just have Stephen portal him into the room...but they chose Stephen.

Despite their beliefs however, Stephen honestly didn't know what he was doing. He didn't know how to console a little, he was a horrible caregiver, even though that's what his classification paper had labeled him as. The only experience he had with dealing with littles, was from his time as a doctor, but even then, he was a neurosurgeon, so most of the littles he met were knocked out by drugs, or given so much anesthesia that they couldn't even tell that they were in a hospital.

Another small whimper pulled the sorcerer out of his thoughts.

"W-who's th-here? How d-did you get i-in?" the engineers voice suddenly spoke hoarsely, coming from somewhere on Stephen's right.

The former doctor didn't know what to say. It was obvious from the other man's stuttering voice that he was terrified, and was stuck right in between his headspace.

Of course, who could blame him for being scared, Stephen had kind of literally appeared from thin air, into a lab that was fortified so strong that even the god of thunder couldn't crack into it.

"Hi Tony...it's me..."

His words echoed off the walls of the lab and were met with eire silence for a moment, until suddenly Stephen heard shuffling in the dark.

"...W-Wizard?"

Even with the bad situation, Stephen couldn't help but smile at the fact that even when Tony was distressed, he still nicknamed people.

"Yeah...it's me Tony."

Right off the bat, Strange wanted to ask him the typical 'are you alright' question, but he forced himself to go slow, not wanting to further scare the broken little.

"Do you mind if I light up the room a little, it must not be that pleasant sitting alone in the dark, and you wouldn't want to accidentally hurt yourself."

More silence.

Stephen mentally cursed, worried that he had done something wrong to make the other man hide from him.

He heard another whimper.

"G-Go away," Tony stuttered out from the shadows.

Stephen softly sighed.

"I'm sorry Tony, but I can't do that."

He could practically hear Tony's brows furrowed together.

"W-Why?"

The sorcerer smiled a little at the other man's question.

"Because it's my job to come down here, help you, and make you all better."