Epilogue

The entire two hours that Dr. Strange was in the lab with Tony, was nothing but sheer panic and anxiety for everyone who was waiting in the common room of the tower.

Clint, despite normally being the person to crack cringy jokes, was now doing nothing more than sitting still on the couch.

Bucky sat next to Clint, a nervous expression on his face as he softly twisted locks of his hair, seemingly in between headspaces at the moment.

Natasha joined Clint and Bucky on the couch, also not saying much except for a couple random remarks, and occasionally rubbing Bucky's back to soothe him.

Thor and Bruce where both in the corner discussing some updates to the lab's security system so that this wouldn't happen again.
Or...more like Bruce was talking, and Thor was just nodding with a serious expression on his face.

Finally, that left Steve and Peter, both who had not stopped pacing the room since the sorcerer had left.

"W-what if Mr. Strange doesn't get Tony to come back? What if Tony got hurt!? We need to—"

"Easy Peter," Steve said, stopping his pacing and grabbing Peter by the shoulder.

"Whatever happens, we won't give up until Tony is back with us, you know that right?"

Peter sighed softly and then nodded.

"Good. Plus, knowing Strange, he'll probably find away to drag Tony out of there whether he likes it or not. Both of them love to get on each other's nerves."

Peter cracked a smile at this.

"Yeah, I guess so...I just hope they come soon."

Steve frowned and nodded.

"Yeah, me too."

///////

Another good hour or so had passed, and by then, the Avengers, especially Peter, were beginning to believe that Strange had failed his mission of bringing out Tony.

Peter sighed and sat down in one of the common room chairs, bringing his hands to his face.

All of this could have been avoided if he had just been more gentle with Tony and his worries.
Peter felt like the worst caregiver in the world.
Clint, who was sitting on the end of the couch next to Peter, gently rested an arm on Peter's shoulder.
No words were exchanged, but Peter could tell that Clint was trying to calm him, and he internally smiled at the fact that he, an almost 19 year old kid from Queens, was part of the Avenger's family.
Now hopefully, they could just get their baby boy back to complete it.

*swoosh*

Instantly, Peter's head shot up, and he looked around alerted, his spidy-senses going off at the small sudden sound.

Clint eyed him oddly.

"You good man...?" He asked as Peter's eyes shot around the room speedily.

Finally, they rested on a corner, far in the back of the room he was in, partially hidden by a huge black shelf filled with all sorts of objects.

When Peter looked closer, his eyes caught the glimpse of a small bright orange colored spark.

He sucked in a breath.

Dr. Strange had arrived.

Now it was time to see if he'd accomplished his mission....

/////

It took about another 3 seconds for all the others in the room to finally notice the orange sparks flying around in the corner of the room, and instantly, everyone went quiet.