Ro Bhaiya's Jassi

The team bus had just reached the hotel, the sprits of the team were low since they had just lost another match. This IPL season the start for MI was not one of the best. 

Ro: Everyone meet me in the team room after freshening up.

Ro made that announcement and headed to his room to freshen up. 

An hour later the whole team assembled in the team room, the MI support staff conducted the team awards, spoke a few words of appreciation and motivation to the squad and then passed the stage onto the Skipper.

Ro knew that the spirits were low and he had to motivate his team if they were to bounce back.

Ro: I know that we have not had the best start but as a Captain and a fellow teammate I believe in every single one of you whether your in the playing 11 or not. I truly belive in your skills and our capability as a team, yes I know we are having a rough patch but we will bounce back! We will put our 100% in all the practice sessions and our 200% in our matches we will do this together. Now that we have discussed the match I think its necessary that we take our mind off the game and take a break so guys have this evening to have fun and relax no cricket talk or thinking but just for today. Tomorrow well get back to work and build up.

The whole MI squad cheered except for one person who saw through his Ro bhaiya. After talking to the squad Ro headed to room without anyone noticing him.

Ro in his room

Authors Note: I love Rohit and I don't doubt him as a captain or his ability as a batsman, but unfortunately for the story i have to show some doubt.

Ro(talking to himself): I cant believe that MI has lost 3 consecutive matches, i don't think i have it in me anymore to lead this side. Maine team ko to motivate kar diya but what about me? Im not performing my best right now, is it possible that i may have lost my touch? I really hope not because i want to lead the MI and the Indian side to victory. I know I have the skills but somewhere my execution is lacking.

Unknown to him someone followed him to his room and heard him talking to himself

Person: How could you say that bhaiya?

Ro turns around and sees that his kiddo is at the door

Ro: Jassi tu yaha?

Jassi: Ha bhaiya mai yaha, aapko kya laga aap sab ko ek smile de ke motivate karoge aur khud ke doubts chupa loge?

Ro: Nahi jassi aisa kuch nahi hai, im fine you go and hang out with the boys.

Jassi: Bhaiya aap mujhe ek baat ka sach sach jawab doge?

Ro: Ofcourse Jassi bol na bacha

Jassi: Bhaiya are you doubting yourself?

Ro lets out a sigh knowing he cant lie to Jassi and will have to answer him.

Ro: Yes Jassi, I am. 

Jassi: Why bhaiya? You are the best captain and are such a good batsman then why these doubts?

Ro: Jass ive not been performing to my full ability, this IPL under my captaincy MI has lost 3 matches and im scared what if i lead the side to another loss? And not to mention my contribution with the bat, ive been getting out in single digits.

Jassi sighs knowing that his bhaiya has adopted his bestfriends habit of overthinking and now its up to him to get his bhaiya out of this overthinking spiral.

Jassi: First of all bhaiya you are looking at this tournamnet  and the first three losses but what about the great efforts you and we as a team have put in? What about the 5 IPL trophies that we have won under your amazing captaincy? What about the contributions to ICT and the recent two series win we got under your captaincy. You are amazing bhaiya you dont need to doubt yourself, yes you are having a bit of a rough patch with your batting right now but im 100% sure that you will bounce back and the Hitman we know and love will be unstopable.

After listening to Jassi Ro couldnt control anymore and just gave Jassi a very tight hug and wispered to him.

Ro: Jassi thank you so much for believing in me, I really needed this. 

Jassi: Bhaiya you dont need to thank me, as your yonger brother it was my duty to help you out of the self doubt you were facing. 

Ro: I know Jassi, but still thank you

Jassi: Bhaiya agar apko mujhe thanks bolna hi hai to yeh bol do ki I'm your fav kiddo in front of all your other kiddos

Ro: Tu marwaega mujhe, but waise i dont think i need to say that kyuki you know ki tu kitna speacial hai mere liye aur all my other kiddos also have their own special place in my heart but you will always remain my first kiddo.

Jassi: I love you bhaiya

Ro: I love you too Jassi

Ro ruffles his hair and Jassi just hugs his Ro bhaiya embracing his bhaiya's warmth.

----

Here is another update, I was watching the MIvsKKR match and after seeing how close it was and how Ro was a bit dejected in the post match conference inspired me to write something and the addition of Jassi who is with Ro almost for the whole year just made sense to me.

I know that MI and CSK have not had the best start but both the teams are champion teams with amazing players, hopefully both will make a strong comeback soon!

I hope it was a decent attempt and i did justice to the idea. Do let me know in the comments if you enjoyed this update and also please hit the star button and vote for this OS.