MahiRat + Nush

Disclaimer: Parts of this OS WILL be a bit different from the actual events.  I as the author have taken creative liberty.

The ICT had just returned from the South Africa Series and were at the airport waiting for their rides to go back to their homes. Almost everyone had left except Vi and Mahi Bhai. Vi was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't realize that Mahi Bhai was calling him.

Mahi Bhai: cheeku... cheeku

Still no response so he shook Vi.

Vi: Haan... haan Bhai kya hua?

Mahi Bhai: Vo hi to mai puch raha hu? Kya hua hai tujhe kab se dekh raha hu tu chup chap hai. Plane pe bhi tu apne seat pe puri flight baitha raha.

Vi: Kuch zyada nahi bas thak gaya hu bhai.

right then both of their cars come 

Vi: Chalo bhai chalte hai ill call you at night.

Vi hugs Mahi Bhai and both of them sit in their cars.

Vi gets home and is greeted by a happy Nush and a cheerful Vamu. Vi hugs Nush and takes Vamu in his arms.

Vi: I missed you guys so much

Nush: We missed you too, but guess what when Vamu saw her dada playing on TV she started crawling towards the TV.

Vi: Aww my baby. Aacha Nush i'm going to get freshened up.

Nush found this a little weird since Vi would always call Ro and Mahi bhai and talk to them after he returned from a series.

Vi gets freshen up and after coming out he turns his phone off and goes to spend time with his family. While the Kohli's were sitting and chilling together Nush gets a work call and has to go attend it, while Vi continues playing with Vamu. 

Nush is busy working, when her phone rings again but this time it's not a work call, its Mahi Bhai calling her.

Nush: Hi Bhai kaise ho aap?

Mahi Bhai: Im good Nush, aacha yeh batao ki cheeku theek hai na?

Nush: i'm not sure bhai

Mahi Bhai: What do you mean?

Nush: Bhai usually when Vi comes home after a tour he will go on and on about the stories from the tour, or how he annoyed Ro, and if Ro is not on the tour then he will call him give him updates. But this time when he came back he didn't call Ro, I haven't talked to him about this thinking he might be tired.

Mahi Bhai: That means i wasn't overthinking  Nush. Today when we were coming back, during the entire flight Cheeku sat in his seat and didn't mess with anyone. He was also very quiet from a couple of days. 

Nush: I noticed that too, even Ro had called me last night asking if me and Vi had fought because Vi was in a rush to hang up the call.

Mahi Bhai: hmm, Nush i know there is something definitely wrong so i'm coming over but don't tell cheeku.

Nush: Ok Mahi Bhai

The next day early morning Mahi Bhai reached the Kohli house. He rang the bell and Nush welcomed him in with a warm hug and a smile. 

Nush: Good Morning Bhai!

Mahi Bhai: Good morning Nushki 

Nush: Bhai aap na perfect time pe aye ho lets go have breakfast.

Mahi Bhai: Haan chlo kuch aacha khilao mujhe maine flight me kuch nahi khaya

They go to the breakfast table and Nush starts serving Mahi Bhai.

Mahi Bhai: Cheeku kaha hai?

Nush: He went for a jog hell be back anytime now.

Right on cue Vi came back from his jog and saw Mahi Bhai sitting at the breakfast table. The kid in him couldn't control and ran to him.

Vi: Mahi Bhaiiiiiiiiiii, i'm so happy to see you here

Mahi Bhai: Morning cheeku

Vi: Bhai aap yaha ruko ge na atleast ek week tak?

Mahi Bhai: Nahi cheeku i have a meeting so i will have to leave kal 

Vi: Aacha

Vi becomes really sad.

Mahi Bhai: Cheeku ek kaam karte hai chal aaj na sirf hum dono bahar chalte hai.

Vi: Theek hai bhai.

They leave for their day out they go exploring the city and then head to their favorite restaurant for lunch. At lunch Mahi decided it would be the perfect time to find out whats bothering his cheeku.

Mahi Bhai: Cheeku if i asked you something would you tell me the truth?

Vi: Ofc bhai why would i ever lie to you?

Mahi Bhai: then tell me cheeku what's bothering you?

Vi let out a sigh knowing he can't escape the situation anymore.

Vi: Bhai i'm planning on leaving Test Captaincy

Mahi Bhai had just gotten the shock of his life. His cheeku who was a successful test captain decided to step down from captaincy. He wondered if his decision was based on the recent series loss.

Vi: Before you think this is because of the recent series loss, let me tell you its not.

Mahi Bhai: then why cheeku, your doing so well baacha

Vi: I am not bhai, I have given all i can as test captain, i don't think i have it in me to lead the squad anymore. Bhai these last 7 years I have given my all and the squad also did well but now I feel like I want to focus on my game more and have these last how ever many years of cricket i left and play my heart out.

Mahi Bhai: I know how you feel, when I decided to retire I felt the same, and Vi don't worry you have a lot of cricket left in yourself. The nations heartthrob Virat Kohli is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Vi: Im scared how do i break it to Ro and the kiddos?

Mahi Bhai started laughing because he knew exactly what was going to happen. 

Vi: Bhai aap has kyu rahe ho?

Mahi Bhai: Kyuki meko mera time yaad aa gay. Remember when I told you and Ro y'all literally made a whole list of why i should not give up the captaincy and Yuvi he to didn't even talk to me for a whole day. I literally had to go to Dada to ask him to help me.

Vi: Bhai agar Ro ne aisa kuch kiya to aap meri side loge na?

Mahi Bhai: Ofc baacha, have you spoken to Dada yet? 

Vi: No bhai i was planning on calling you tonight and talking it out with you before I sent a formal announcement to BCCI

Mahi Bhai: Cheeku Im very proud of you baacha.

Vi: I love you bhai

They finished their lunch and headed home, once home Vi told Nush about his decision and Nush gave her support to Vi knowing this wasn't easy for him.

---

That's it from me today! I got a request to write a MahiRat OS from @muktiikyyy so here is my attempt I hope it turned out decent. please let me know how this was in the comments, and also please vote on this story.

Until next time 👋🏼