T20 WC 2024 CHAMPIONS!

It has been almost two whole days since we won the T20 WC and I still am processing it.

I cannot begin to say how proud I am of this team, not just the players but also the coaching and support staff. The build-up to all of these games has been an emotional rollercoaster, but to finally see the team lifting the trophy healed the scar from 19th Nov.

I thought of this line right before the final: Yeh WC hume jeetne se koi Ro-Ko hi nahi sakhta. (I know it's a little cringy)

I started watching cricket regularly during the 2021 T20 WC, right when our Coach Rahul Dravid started his tenure. That WC was a heartbreak we were not able to qualify for the semis, but the years following have been full of beautiful memories.

The way this ICT core has played in the last three WCs (T20 and ODI) has been exceptional. We were semifinalists in 2022, runners-up in 2023, and CHAMPIONS in 2024.

The trophy brought lots of happiness but it also brought a little sorrow as we are saying goodbye to three of our most cherished players.

Rohit Sharma: Hitman our Captian, what do I say about you? We all saw the intensity of your desire to win the trophy for India. The explosive starts you gave, and the way you backed the players is nothing short of commendable. The light environment in the team reflected on the field and through performances. We have truly seen the brotherhood within the team and the stump mic gems along with Instagram posts/stories are proof of that 😜.

Virat Kohli: KING! This one word is enough to convey our feelings about you. As people say cometh the hour cometh the man, and boy have you proven this every time. The Melbourne T20WC knock against Pakistan is still fresh in my mind and now the performance in the final is going to accompany that wonderful memory. These are just two of many such knocks you have played. In every crucial game, you have stood up and made sure to provide safety to the team.

Ravindra Jadeja: SIR JADEJA, your contributions are not unnoticed. This WC you may not have gotten as many runs or wickets, but your efforts in the field are greatly appreciated. You always have a smile on your face and silently come in and do the job for the team. No matter who takes the wicket I always see you smiling and cheering the bowlers on.

Ro-Vi-Jad we will truly miss you in T20 and I consider myself fortunate to have watched you all play in your prime. I cannot wait for the next ODI and Test Series to see you all in action. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful cricketing memories that bring a smile to my face even on the toughest days.

Rahul Dravid Sir, thank you for being the coach you are and the person you are. The team has continued to flourish under you and I hope the legacy created by former players and coaches continues for generations to come. When I saw "The Wall" showing his emotions openly yesterday we knew the gravity of the impact this win will make for the times to come.

Watching almost the whole team in tears made me super emotional, but filled me with joy. Every single person in the team fought for this cup with everything they had in themselves. We fans could not have asked for a better team a better coaching and support staff and a better time to win the WC. To send Ro-Vi-Jad with a trophy was perfect. (Although I do wish they played for a while longer)

Our bowlers: You all have been a force of nature. The domination game after game secured our wins and resulted in the trophy. Kuldeep and Axar yall spun a web that trapped the batsman. Axar, Bapu tari bowling aj nai batting bhi kamal che. Bumrah you just did Bumrah things and got us an important breakthrough. Hardik after the traumatising IPL season you had this performance was 100 times more special. I hope all the haters got their answer and will back away. Arshdeep, you came in quietly took wickets, and bowled beautifully in partnerships with Bumrah and Hardik.

Our middle order: SKY although runs were limited this WC, your efforts in the field especially the catch in the 20th over of the Final are etched in my mind. Shivam your partnership with Virat was a joy to watch. Rishab making a comeback after a serious injury is never easy, but you made it look achievable. You have inspired many people to work hard, and your performance in this WC was truly special.

Lastly, I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to this team for giving us a core memory that we will cherish for years to come. Wishing this team lots more success and joy. 

Until Next Time 👋🏼