Chapter 9: The Calm Before The Storm

Taehyung raised his eyebrows as he read the contents of the letter. He bit his lips, feeling confused and flustered all of a sudden.

Y/n...wanted to go to the party with him.

But why would she? This question puzzled him.

He had a weird feeling that something wasn't right. He looked at the letter carefully.

He sighed as he shook his head in disbelief.

Taking out the books he needed, he closed the locker and then went off to find a certain someone before the next class started.

*******

As silently as possible, he stood behind her. He smiled slightly to see that she was still unaware of his presence. He reached forward and tapped her shoulders.

She yelled as she almost jumped out of her skin. She turned around and her mouth hung open as she beheld Taehyung. The next moment, she punched him in the chest. "You scared me!"

Taehyung pretended to be hurt and rubbed where she'd hit him. "You deserved it for pranking me, Jisoo."

Jisoo raised an eyebrow, "What prank?"

"Don't pretend to be oblivious now. Why did you write Y/n's name when the letter was clearly written by you?"

Jisoo gulped.

"Y/n wants to invite you. I wrote it in her place."

"Why would she want to invite me?" he asked.

"Are you blind?" Jisoo spoke frustrated when he didn't get the obvious.

Taehyung raised his eyebrows. "No, I'm not. I can see very well that you're nervous about whether or not that Jin-guy will accept your invitation."

Jisoo's eyes widened. "How did you – wait – why are you steering the conversation towards me?"

Taehyung looked at her closely for a moment. "Fine. Let's have that conversation later then."

"Yeah, yeah." Jisoo bravely shrugged it off with a shooing gesture with her hand.

"Now – come to the point." Jisoo started. "Yes, I was the one who wrote the letter, but Y/n does want to go with you. "

"Why?"

"Let's just say that my bestie has a special spot in her heart for you."

Taehyung looked at her blankly.

"Fine, don't believe me. Your loss. " Jisoo shrugged and moved past him. "Wait!" Taehyung called her back, making her roll her eyes. "You see...about the party...I can't..." Jisoo held up her hand.

"Tell her whatever your answer is yourself." She walked away, leaving him standing there.

'I don't want to go to the party...with her or anyone else.'

*******

"Y/n!" Taehyung called her, making his way towards her.

She noticed him as he came to stand in front of her. Her eyes widened, and then she quickly turned her back towards him again.

Taehyung narrowed his eyes at her weird behavior. He held her arm to make her face him. Her cheeks were puffed up, and she seemed to be holding her breath.

"What are you doing?" he asked her, confused.

"Trying to stop my hiccups." She replied before hiccupping again. She placed her hand on her mouth and Taehyung burst into laughter.