Special Chapter 2: Forgiveness

Author’s note:

This will be the last special chapter of Lumina Academy: The Golden Hope! Thank you for supporting me, reading L.A:TGH, and voting! Book 2 is waiting for us all! God bless and keep safe, everyone! See you on book 2!

***

Special Chapter 2: Forgiveness

After what happened in the greenhouse (Chapter 46: Greenhouse)

After what that prince of fire did—when he stole a kiss from me—I look at him sharply, but he just shrugged. We stayed at the greenhouse for a bit before I pushed him to go home. Sa palasyo kami matutulog kaya hindi siya pwedeng mag-stay dito ng matagal and thankfully, after a long argument, he gave up. Now, I am walking towards my room where the ladies and my son are waiting for me, however, I was stopped from my track when I came face to face with the queen.

Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko and I was panicking inside. I wanted to avoid her that’s why I bow my head a little bago sana lumiko sa kabilang direksyon but before I can even do that, the queen suddenly spoke which made me freeze on my spot—it caught me off guard.

“I’m sorry…”

Her voice was soft… almost sound like Mimi and I just realize that my heart was raising so fast because of what I heard. Hindi ko alam ang aking gagawin—I don’t even know what she is saying sorry for! But I guess, I already know… that night when she said hurtful words to me… huminga ako ng malalim at pinakalma ang sarili before looking at her in the eyes and I just softened when I noticed the emotion in her eyes. She was guilty… she was sincerely sorry… ngunit, wala naman na siyang dapat ika-hingi ng tawad…

I smiled at her a little before saying, “You don’t have to say sorry to me… Your Highness…” I don’t hold any grudges from her or her family, but I chose to avoid them, but I guess, okay naman na kami ng kaniyang mga anak.

The queen shakes her head—clearly not agreeing with me before she took my hand—holding it softly and it was my first time feeling her warmth. The kind of warmth that was different from Mimi… very, different. The queen’s eyes are looking at me apologetically and her soft expression was new to me—far from the stoic queen that I first met.

“No… I deserve your anger after what I did… I have no excuse for what I did, Lara… I was in the right mind when I said those words… I know that it wasn’t your fault, but I still said those painful words—I still hurt you…” the queen was almost crying and I felt her both hands that holding mine was starting to tremble that’s why I did what she didn’t expect me to do.

I hug her…

I felt her stiffen that’s why I hug her even more. “Your Highness, pardon me for what I just did but… like what I have said… you don’t have to say sorry to me. I didn’t even get mad at you. Yes, tour words are painful, but I already moved on. I don’t hold any grudges towards you and please, Your Highness, stop blaming yourself. I understand what you are going through…” I tried calming her down when she started to cry.

She hugged me back and it was a tight hug. Hinayaan ko lamang ang reyna but later, I felt like someone was watching us and when I checked who it was, I just smiled at her and she smiled back at me before nodding her head.

Mimi…

***

Third Person’s Point of View

The royal family of Luminaria Kingdom was in chaos because of the revelation. But as long as they wanted to know everything—as long as they want to hear Princess Jade’s explanations as soon as possible, they just can’t because the princess was still unconscious but thankfully, she was already away from danger.