Chapter 27: Alphas Versus Betas

Third Person’s Point Of View

Alphas and Betas are killing all the monsters that come their way and everyone is watching them carefully. Students are being amazed by what they are seeing right now, while the royalties and faculty members are looking intently at the students that are on the battlefield right now. With the help of the monitors, they could see clearly the battle.

Namamangha ang lahat dahil sa bilis at lakas na pinakikita ng mga Betas at Alphas pero maya-maya pa ay nagulat sila dahil napansin nila sa kabilang banda na may mga halimaw na sabay-sabay na umatake sa iisang lugar—the direction where Princess Lara was. When the headmistress saw it, she can’t help but feel anxious but she knows that she and her friend—Ms. Romina Ford—trained Princess Lara well.

Their score individually weren’t showed yet but everyone are expecting Alphas and Betas to have higher scores—but Alphas have higher scores than the Betas. On the other hand, Princess Lara was ready to kill all monsters that comes in her way. Masyadong mabilis ang mga galaw niya na tila gidlat at namalayan na lamang nila na natapos nito kaagad ang mga kalaban.

The princess wasn’t even using her elements, even her sword but she still could kill a lot of monsters in an instance. It makes everyone think that she was trained well by Ms. Romina Ford and of course, the Headmistress Lorraine. They two know that Princess Lara was minimizing her moves because she knows that there are a lot of eyes watching her every move and that’s because she is the summoner of the electric cat siblings.

Alphas and Betas killed all monsters as they want to finally face each other. When they are already done, they faced each other but no one dared to attack yet like everyone is waiting for something and calculating for something. Alam ng lahat na galit ang dalawang grupo sa isa’t isa at alam nilang magiging mainit ang laban ngayon.

The faculty members also know about the two sections’ issue but they have no choice. Kailangan nilang pagharapin ang dalawang grupo kahit na alam nila kung sino na ang panalo. The Alphas’ strength are more far than the Betas’ but since Betas are so eager to fight Alphas, then so be it.

“This is it. Get ready, Betas.”

Princess Lara sighed before looking at the Alphas from afar. Whoever the person she will fight, he or she will never win against her. She wasn’t competitive but she won’t let them win either—she won’t let them lose her. The princess has a good and kind heart—she doesn’t want violence but she knows that Alphas will surely slap the Betas members on their faces that they are the superior.

Ayaw niya ng pananakit kaya naman napag-desisyonan niyang po-protektahan niya ang kaniyang mga kakampi—the Betas. Betas clearly has no match with them and they will only end up being in infirmary again just like before. But she won’t let Alphas hurt them that much as she will be there on their back when it’s already needed.

Ngunit habang nakatayo siya ay wala sa sariling napatingin siya sa gawi ng isang prinsepe na nakatingin din sa kaniya and when their eyes met, the prince smirked smugly at her but she only roll her eyes on him. ‘That prince of fire should be ready!’ She doesn’t know what’s on that prince’s mind and all she can do is to shake her head before looking at her friend.

“Be ready, my friend.”

Prince Azriel slightly flinched when he heard the voice of Princess Lara in his head. He looks in her direction and all he can do is shake his head while there’s a hidden smile on his lips. He knows that if ever the princess will come in his way, he will always accept his defeat. ‘She will always win…’

“Yeah… I think I really should.”

Until Alphas and Betas already attacked each other, however, Princess Lara and Princess Ingrid stayed where they are standing while watching the two groups fight each other will full force and this is what everyone has been waiting for. Anxiousness and excitement are mixing while watching the two groups fighting but they are also confused why the two princesses aren’t attacking yet.

“Lars, baka mag-patayan sila,” wika ni Princess Ingrid at halata ang pag-aalala sa kaniyang mukha.

“They won’t. We will go there before it will happen,” kalmadong sagot naman ni Princess Lara habang pinanonuod ang laban ng dalawang panig. Alam nilang pareho na hindi imposible ang bagay na ‘yon ngunit hindi nila hahayaang mangyari ‘yon.

“What’s your plan?” Tanong ni Princess Ingrid at lumingon sa kaniya.

“You know that only we can match the Alphas’ strength, right?” Princess Ingrid nodded—still wondering what the princess want to do. “Then let’s just give the Betas a backup,” the princess continued before they both look at the two groups who are still fighting.

Kahit na mas madami ang miyembro ng Betas ay walang-wala pa rin ‘yon sa Alphas. Even how many their opponents are, if it was a strength that they are talking about, then Alphas will win. They haven’t used their elements and just full physical strength, also, they haven’t summoned their guardians yet but Betas already used half of their strength.

Bigla namang nawala si Princess Ingrid at hinarap ang isa sa mga prinsesa na pinatumba ang kaniyang kasama. When Princess Lara saw that, she secretly nodded before she teleported in front of the prince who told her that he will ravish her. Pinigilan nito ang espada niyang aatakehin sana ang isa sa mga kasama niya na natumba na—ang kasamahan niyang matapang na hinarap ang prinsepe ng apoy.

“Are you going to rock my world now, Princess Hope…?”

Napangisi naman ang prinsesa—isang inosenteng ngisi na hindi alam kung ano ba talaga ang totoong ibig sabihin ng prinsepe—dahil sa naging tanong ng prinsepe sa kaniya bago siya na ang unang bumitaw at sinugod ito. Their moves are faster than lightning which made the audiences who are eyeing them feel amazed. Everyone are gasping when they saw that Princess Lara can match Prince Aiden and even they can’t hear them, they know that these two are talking.

Muling tumigil ang dalawa at magkasangga ang kanilang mga espada—parehong hindi gustong matalo and while Princess Lara was fighting the prince, she’s also looking for her members who needs help and good thing that they still can fight. But she saw Princess Ingrid fighting Prince Christopher and she looks mad and she understands why.

“Are you going to ravish me now, prince of fire?”

The princess asked innocently and the prince couldn’t stop himself but gulped. The princess in front of him doesn’t have any idea how much those words affect him—the princess has no idea what he really means when he said that to her. ‘Too damn innocent… my girl is too damn innocent. Fuck.’ Because of what he heard from her, it distracts him which gave the princess access to kick him in his stomach with force.

He didn’t see that coming until he felt her kick her before the princess teleported. Now, Princess Lara faced Prince Azriel who was about to attack her member and like her fight with Prince Aiden, they were like lighting but Prince Azriel know better. They stopped while their swords are stopping each other’s attack.

“You know too well that I am always ready to surrender from you, right?”

The princess chuckled because of what Prince Azriel said but she have no idea that there’s a prince who’s now pissed off because of what he is seeing right now. That’s why he did something just to get the princess back from him. Tumalsik na lamang bigla ang prinsepe na kaharap ng prinsesa na ikinagulat nilang pareho at akmang pupuntahan na ni Princess Lara ito ng biglang humarang ang prinsepe ng apoy sa kaniyang dadaanan.

“He should know that you’re only mine…” the prince said while his face is still dark.

Hindi naman alam ng prinsesa kung ano ang gagawin—lalo na ng maramdaman na naman niya ang mabilis na pagtibok ng kaniyang puso dahil sa mga salitang narinig niya mula sa prinsepe. Iba ang epekto no’n sa kaniya—iba ang ibig sabihin no’n sa kaniya kaya naman agad-agad niyang pinagbawalan ang kaniyang sarili. ‘He means I’m his but as his opponent!’ Kinalma niya ang kaniyang sarili bago sumugod sa prinsepe na kaagad namang sinangga ang kaniyang atake.

But while they are in the middle of the fight, pareho na lamang silang napatigil at kasabay naman no’n ay ang singhapan ng mga nanonuod. Princess Lara look at the direction where the Betas are and she just shook her head when she saw them summoning their guardians and planning to use their full strength just to defeat Alphas. Dahil do’n ay wala na siyang nagawa pa kung ‘di ang mag-teleport papalapit sa kanila.

“What the hell are you planning?!” It was Princess Ingrid while looking at the Betas while frowning.

“We don’t want to stay in their shadows anymore! Just once… we want to win over them!” Saad ng isa sa kanila—lahat sila ay ‘yon ang gustong mangyari kaya naman wala ng nagawa pa ang dalawang prinsesa kung ‘di ang magtinginan na lamang.

While in the side of Alphas, losing wasn’t in their vocabulary. Even the Betas will use all their strength just to win over them, they still won’t let them. They don’t want to lose and that’s because it will only make the Betas feel high of themselves if ever it happened. They should show them who’s the superior here and that’s them—the Alphas and the Betas should accept that.

“Should we summon our guardians too?” Princess Arielle asked while looking at the Betas who are more than ready to attack them together with their guardians.

“Yeah.”

And with that, they summoned their guardians but Princes Lucas, Logan, and Aiden didn’t and just let the other summon their guardians. They just summoned their element guardians because their other guardians are way too strong and it wasn’t necessary for them to summon them since it will also drain their stamina.

Now, everyone knows that it wasn’t just Alphas versus Betas—because it’s also guardians versus guardians and their battle are becoming intense—especially when they already attack and all eyes are watching the battle carefully—afraid that they might miss something but they noticed that Princesses Ingrid and Lara didn’t summon their guardians—especially, Princess Lara’s guardians.

“They will surely win if Princess Lara will only summon her guardians!”

“Sure win if ever Princess Lara summoned the electric cat siblings!”

That’s what the audiences are saying but Princess Lara has no plan at all. Even the Betas wanted her to summon her guardians for them to win, they know that it was not a good idea. They wanted to win over the Alphas using their strength and not because of the princess’ guardians.

Nang mag-umpisa na muli ang laban ay agad na kumilos ang Betas and the princesses don’t know what to do. Both sides wants something—they both want to win and the princesses know that Betas will do anything just to win over the Alphas. Ngunit sa nakikita nila ngayon ay nakapa-imposible. Nagkatinginan naman ang dalawang prinsesa at walang alin-langang nag-teleport sa mga kasamahan nila.

“Let’s just end this, Lars.”

Alphas and Betas are now fighting with their elements while their guardians are fighting too. Ngunit ng matumba ang isa sa mga Betas ay nagsunod-sunod na rin sila—even the Betas’ guardians were seized by Alphas’ guardians and when everyone thought that it was already the end, an ice spikes that coming fast to the Alphas’ direction and they didn’t see that coming. Hindi sila naka-iwas at lahat sila ay napalayo sa Betas na hindi na kayang tumayo pa—even their guardians and since Alphas’ guardians seized Betas’ guardians, Princess Ingrid took care of them while their summoners are being attacked by Princess Lara’ ice spikes.

“The heck?!”

“Oh, fuck!”

Samut-saring reaksyon ang Alphas pati na rin ang mga manonuod dahil sa nasaksihan. Natamaan naman ang Alphas ng mga ice spikes na pinakawalan ng prinsesa—isang kapangyarihang hindi basta-basta. They got wounds and they all hissed before looking at the direction where it came from and saw that it was Princess Lara while Princess Ingrid freed Beta’s guardians but it wasn’t an easy case for her for their guardians are powerful.

When Alphas stood up again, Princes Logan and Lucas threw a lot of golden fireballs to Betas’ direction and even Betas made their shields, it still penetrated by the princes’ fireballs that made a loud blast which made Betas lose their consciousness—even Princess Ingrid na hindi rin nakatakas sa magkapatid, except Princess Lara who remained standing.

Princess Lara’s eyes widen in shock because of what happened and saw the state of the Betas—they were in mess but they will live. However, they got a lot of injuries and when she look where Princess Ingrid was, she can’t help but hold his fist firmly. Now, it’s only her and Alphas in the middle of the battlefield.

“Accept your defeat, young lady,” she knows who owned that voice and it was none other than her cousin—Prince Logan. His voice is serious and strict and she can feel their eyes on her.

Her eyes remained in Princess Ingrid’s direction and didn’t bother looking at the Alphas. “I’m not that stupid and weak to quit this battle,” the princess stated before she closed her eyes—calming herself. ‘I don’t want to hurt anyone…’

They suddenly felt the cold breeze—from the battlefield and where the audiences are. Tahimik ang kapaligiran at naghihintay sa susunod na mangyayari habang nararamdaman ng lahat ang unti-unting paglamig ng kapaligiran. The glasses are starting to froze and when they look at the princess from Betas, they can see that ice were appearing her fists.

“You have no match on us, lady…” it was Prince Lucas and his serious tone lingered in Princess Lara’s ears.

An invisible smirk made its way on her lips before opening her eyes and looking at the Alphas who were taken aback when they saw her eyes—the eyes that same with her cousins. “We’ll see about that…” she said before she heard their guardians make a terrifying sound—the guardians that were ready to attack her anytime soon.

Her eyes moved and she saw how Prince Logan give his guardian an order to attack her but she only raised her index finger before saying, “Nuh-ah. Not a chance, darling,” the princess said and her sweet voice lingered in their ears before they heard her speaking again. “Know who’s your master,” she said and she’s now looking at their guardians and everyone just bewildered when they saw how the Alphas’ guardians bow their head to her—giving respect before they started to disappear.

What they witnessed left their mount hang open—especially the Alphas who summoned the guardians that just bowed next to Princess Lara like they are giving respect to her. Hindi nila inaasahan ‘yon dahil hindi ‘yon gagawin ng isang guardian kung hindi ikaw ang kaniyang summoner but what just happened shocked them.

‘Is this because she is the summoner of electric cats siblings?’

Princess Lara has no plan on explaining what just happened—all she wanted right now is to end the battle—to end the ranking. “Now, this is our real battle,” at hindi na pinalampas ng prinsesa ang pagkakataon at tinapakan ang sahig dahilan upang magkaroon ng yelo ang tinatapakan niya at mabilis itong kumalat.

Once again, Alphas were down when the ice reached where they are standing and it looks like the ice ground doesn’t want them to stand until they just noticed the ice tornado coming into their way. They cussed under their breaths before trying to stop the tornado at may nakikita pa silang kidlat sa loob nito and they can feel who owns that.

Nakatayo sila at sabay-sabay na nagpakawala ng kani-kanilang kapangyarihan dahilan ng malaking pagsabog at dahil sa pagsabog ay nabasag ang barrier kaya napasigaw ang lahat. Their power only ate by the tornado which caused it to explode—a powerful explosion which made everyone to gasped.

Natakpan ng usok ang battlefield and everyone are waiting—hinihintay na mawala ang usok at ng tuluyan na itong nawala ay napasinghap na lamang silang muli ng makita walang malay ang Alphas—mga sugatan at nakahandusay. Unti-unti ng nawawala ang pagyeyelo ng sahig at bumabalik na ‘to sa dati.

Lahat ay naka-awang ang bibig at kung akala ng lahat ay walang natirang nakatayo ay nagkakamali sila dahil nakita na lamang nila ang nag-iisang babaeng nakatayo sa gitna at mas lalo silang nagulat dahil sa nakikita nila ngayon. Natahimik ang lahat at walang nagbalak na magsalita hanggang sa nawalan ang prinsesa ng malay ngunit ang mas ikinagulat nilang lahat ay ang biglang pagsulpot ng isang prinsepe sa gilid nito at nasalo ang walang malay na prinsesa.

Prince Aiden carried the princess in his arms while doesn’t care about the eyes that look at them—at him right now. All he cares about right now is the princess that is currently unconscious in his arms until a proud smile appeared on his lips but before everyone could see his smile, the monitors turned black and it was the prince’s doing.

‘My smile is for her eyes only…’

***