Chapter 19: Rescuing The Sorceress

Sabay-sabay kaming napatingin sa kaniya at nakita namin siya na nanlalaki ang mata na nakatingin sa malayo kaya napatingin din kami do’n at gano’n na lang ang gulat namin dahil sa nakita. Mula sa malayo ay ang isang malaking ahas na nakatingin din sa direksyon namin. Kulay itim ito at pula ang mga matang galit na galit.

Huhu! Another ahas na naman!

Bigla naman itong sumugod sa amin kaya ni-ready na namin ang aming mga sarili, pero bago pa ito makasugod ay bigla na lang itong natumba ng wala man lang kaming ginagawa kaya bigla na lang nanlaki ang mga mata ko dahil parang alam ko na ang susunod nito.

“What happened?” Rinig kong tanong ni Prince Christopher. Lahat kami ay alerto pa rin sa ano mang pwedeng mangyari, lalo na’t delikado ang lugar na ‘to.

While they are busy wondering why the baby snake died, I unconsciously look from my behind at nanigas na lamang ako sa nakita. Oh, no, no! Not again! Napalunok na lamang habang nakatitig sa galit na galit na malaking ahas na ‘to—na mas malaki pa sa ahas kanina.

Parang napanonuod ko lang ‘to no’n, ah!

“Don’t move.”

I really can’t move!

It was the prince of fire voice and I wanted to tell him that I really can’t  move! I won’t dare moving while I was facing this kind of monster! Nabato na ako sa kinatatayuan ko at hindi ako makagalaw. Sobra ang kabang nararamdaman ko dahil sa nakikita ko. Kung ang maliit pa nga lang na ahas, tinatakbuhan ko na, paano pa kaya kung mas malaki pa sa akin?!

“Shit,” rinig kong sabay-sabay nilang wika dahil sa nakita. This snake is more bigger than the snake earlier and I think, this is the mother snake and it is now mad because she thought that we killed her baby!

Gumawa ng ingay ang ahas and it is just meters away from me ngunit kayang-kaya ako nitong sakmalin dahil sa laki niya. Oh, deities! Hindi po ako nakapag-paalam na naman sa Mimi at Nana ko kung saan pupunta, ayaw ko naman pong malaman nilang bangkay na ako! I bite my lower lip because the mother snake is only looking at me and she is ready to devour me!

Hindi ko naman ni-aano anak niya, eh!

“I will count on three and when I reach three, we will run… understood?” It was my cousin’s voice—Prince Logan.

“Yes!”

“One…” he started counting which stopped my breathing.

“Two…” lumunok akong muli habang nakatitig sa mga mata ng ahas na nakatingin din sa akin.

She only wants me!

“Just stay there…”

Bigla naman akong napakurap-kurap ng mga mata dahil sa narinig ko mula sa isipan ko. It was the prince of fire and I admit that my heart beats faster even more! Ang ahas at siya ang nagpapa-kaba sa akin at hindi ko alam ang pina-plano niya! I was too drown right now to think! All I know is that I was facing a mother snake and she only wants me!

“Do you really want me to die?!”

I don’t know what he’s planning until I heard him chuckled but I guess, his laughs only meant for my ears! Oh, deities! He’s in the wrong timing to laugh! This prince of fire is incredible! As long as I wanted to appreciate his laugh—I just can’t! I am in life and death situation right now!

“Silly, why would I…?”

Hindi na lamang ako sumagot sa kaniya until I heard my cousin’s voice. “THREE!” I felt them started to run which made the mother snake gets alerted. She was about to attack me when a dagger went straight to her mouth before I felt someone grab my hand before pulling me away from the mother snake.

Ang prinsepe ng apoy ay hawak ang kamay ko—siya ang humila sa akin papalayo sa ahas at ngayon ay magkahawak kamay kaming tumatakbo ngayon. Walang hiya! Mamaya mapigtas ‘tong tsinelas ko! I can see the others running in from of us but I noticed that Gen was carried by Prince Christopher at ang bibilis nilang tumakbo habang kami ng prinsepe ng apoy ay hindi ng dahil sa akin.

I heard from behind the mother snake’s terrifying scream kaya mas napahigpit ang kapit ko sa kamay niya, lalo na at ramdam ko ang mabilis nitong paggapang. “We have to fly!” He shouted and they look behind us and saw them nodded.

Hindi ko na alam kung ano ang sunod na nangyari—basta alam kong mabilis akong kinabig ni Aiden and carried me a bridal style before I felt his scorching fire but it wasn’t enough to hurt me—it was giving me warmth and it feels good. I felt that we’re flying and I just realized that he has wings—a purple fire wings! Napatitig ako dito at bahagyang napa-awang ang bibig!

It was fascinating! I was amaze while looking into his purple wings. “Can I… touch them?” I asked—almost whisper.

My arms are around his neck and my lips is near in his right ear kaya sigurado akong narinig niya ako. My eyes are glued in his wings—pansamatala kong nakalimutan ang takot ko dahil sa malaking ahas na ‘yon dahil sa pagkamangha sa nakikita. Ngunit habang nakatitig sa pakpak niya ay narinig ko na naman ang sigaw ng ahas—like she’s asking for backup kaya muli akong nakaramdam ng takot.

Hindi ko na napigilan pa ang sarili ko at binaon ang mukha sa leeg niya and I just felt him stilled at hindi inaasahan ang ginawa ko—ako rin ay hindi inaasahan ang ginawa ko but I am too scared right now to think of that thing!

Give me strawberries to calm me down, please…

***

Third Person’s Point Of View

Academy

The headmistress received a letter from a paper bird and she got anxious when she remembered the only person who owns it. She opened the paper and she just trembled upon reading the letter.

It’s been seventeen years, isn’t it? It’s been seventeen years since I got trapped here… but now, the day where the monsters here in Dark forest will be weakened because of the moon’s light, I will have a chance to leave this place. However, even the monsters here are weak that day, I won’t still have a change to leave this place for they are too many and can still kill me.

The letter has no name from where it came from but she only know one person who got trapped in Dark forest for seventeen years. Dark forest is where different monsters can be found—it was their den and no one dares to step their feet in that forest. It was too dangerous for anyone to step their feet in that forest—it was nothing but a field of different dangerous monsters.

Those monsters are too powerful since Dark forest is their land but there’s phenomena where they will going to be weak but it is only once in a blue moon and it will happen tomorrow. This is what everyone’s waiting for—this is what those immortals’ who wants to enter the forest waiting for—the immortals who believes that there is something in that forest that haven’t discovered yet.

“Cadmus, I got a letter from AM,” the headmaster were shocked upon hearing those words from the headmistress when she entered her office.

He got up from his sit and get the letter from the headmistress and read the letter before he nodded his head. He look back at the headmistress before he spoke. “Let’s give this mission to the Alphas. They have to leave earlier tomorrow,” the headmaster said before the headmistress nodded her said.

“Just remind them that they can’t harm those monsters using their powers, even summoning their guardians is forbidden,” the headmistress said.

The headmaster nodded before answering the headmistress. “I will. I will also give them weapons that could help them. They should be back here before the monsters will regain their strengths,” the headmaster handed the letter back to the headmistress before she excused herself.

The headmistress can not believe that she will get to see her friend again after so many years and she is happy upon knowing that she will be freed from that forest. She can’t believe that she survived those years in that kind of place where only monsters can be found. Indeed, she is a powerful sorceress—the only person who survived in that kind of place.

‘We’ll be seeing each other again… AM.’

***

Alphas

Alphas were ready to enter the portal when suddenly there are two figures appeared in from of them—stopping them from entering the portal. They were shocked while looking at Princess Lara and Princess Ingrid but their shock changed of worried when the portal pulled them in.

Hindi nila gustong mapahamak amg dalawa ngunit hindi na mabuksan ang portal upang mapabalik sila kaya wala na silang ibang nagawa pa kung ‘di ang isama sila. They were given a mission to save the sorceress who were trapped in Dark forest for seventeen years and they couldn’t imagine living in that kind of place.

“Good thing that we were at least allowed to use our power!” It was Prince Kaizer while they were on the air while escaping the mad mother snake who thought that they killed her baby.

“What should we do now?!” Prince Lucas shouted before he looked down and saw the mother snake that still coming after them.

“Are the monsters here are really weak right now?!” Prince Jacob was being pissed because he could feel the other monsters nearby and he’s sure that they will come after them too in no time.

“We can’t just stay here in the air! There are air monsters too and we can’t alarm all monsters here!” Prince Azriel said before he looked back but he was pissed when he saw Prince Aiden holding Princess Lara in his arms.

Prince Logan was about to give orders when they suddenly heard an explosion and when they look down where was the mother snake, they just saw it dead on the ground while the its head were scattered in the floor. Because of what they saw, they all look at the prince who did it—Prince Aiden who threw the dagger on the mother snake’s mouth earlier.

“Why the dagger didn’t explode earlier?!” It was Princess Gwendolyn who’s frowning right now while looking at the dead body of the mother snake.

They all stopped from flying before looking at the prince—waiting for his answer but he give nothing to them but a cold stare. The Watson brothers and Prince Aiden were meters away from them because of their scorching flames but Prince Aiden’s flame was hotter and dangerous that’s why he’s pretty far from them.

Princess Gwendolyn got suspicious of the prince because she knows him already. Sa mga ganitong bagay ay hindi pinatatagal ng prinsepe na patayin ang kalaban niya but what just happened makes her suspicious until her eyes looks down at the lady that currently in his arms—her arms are around his nape while her face was buried in his neck.

‘Hmmm…’

“Let’s go down before we’ll attract a lot of monsters,” it was Prince Logan and he went down first before they followed.

Nang makalapag sila ay siyang pagkawala naman ng kanilang pakpak. When Princess Lara felt that the prince of fire’s flame disappeared, she slowly look at her surroundings ngunit napalunok naman siya ng makitang muli ang madilim na paligid. Even the moon’s light is shining brightly today, she still can’t help but to be scared on darkness.

“It’s okay… everything is fine…” she heard the soothing voice of the prince that carrying her that’s why she look at his eyes only to him looking at her softly.

What she’s seeing in him calmed her a bit but she really need to eat strawberry to calm her nerves down. “I-I want strawberries…” he mumbled and the prince didn’t see that coming.

He was taken aback because of what he heard from her but later on, he can’t stop himself but look at her with amusement. ‘Really, huh? She’s craving strawberries in the middle of this forest? She’s really something…’ He look at her pleading eyes but he can also see her being scared—he can feel her being scared and he didn’t know exactly why she’s scared.

“Okay,” he mumbled while still being amused with the princess in his arms.

The princess frowned and he find it cute but he stopped himself from smiling. ‘I  saw her earlier eating the strawberry that I gave her…’ He put her down before he get the black small pouch in his side. Princess Lara was just watching him—ipinasok nito ang kamay sa kaniyang pouch at maya-maya pa ay nilabas din nito ang kamay but she was amazed when she saw him holding a plastic container where the strawberries are.

Her eyes sparkled and it made the prince happy. “Wow…” the prince handed her the plastic container at kaagad naman niyang itong kinuha. Her lower lip pouted—acting like she will cry anytime soon. “Is this mine…?” She asked and look at the prince who’s now looking at her intently.

“Yes…” he answered and he can’t take his eyes on her, especially, to her pouted lips.

“Thank you, Prince of Fire…”

***

Gwendolyn Elizabeth Clifford

Kanina pa kami naglalakad pero hindi pa rin namin makita ang bahay ng sorceress na ‘yon na imposible naman dahil malaki ang forest na ‘to.

“Pahinga muna tayo,” saad bigla ni Kuya Logan na ikinaningning ng mga mata ko. Buti naman at naisipan niyang magpahinga, akala ko hihintayin muna nilang lumuhod kami bago makapagpahinga, eh. 

Umupo naman kami ng nakapalibot habang handa pa rin ang sarili dahil ano mang oras ay may pwedeng umatake sa amin dito. Even the monsters here are weak, they still can harm us. Hindi din nag-uumaga dito sa tuwing nangyayari ang ganitong phenomena sa Dark Valley. In one day, sun won’t rise and all monsters not just here in Dark forest but also in any part of Dark Valley will feel weak. Kahit umalis sila sa lugar na ‘to ay gano’n pa rin ang mangyayari sa kanila and they said that it was one of their curse.

I unconsciously look at Lara and I just chuckled secretly when I saw her busy eating her strawberries that Aiden gave her earlier. Alam kong si Aiden ang nagbigay niyan dahil tinitignan ko sila kanina. I just can’t believe of what he did—na may baon pala siyang isang plastic container ng strawberries na ngayon ay nilalantakan na ngayon ni Lara.

We all have magical pouch where we could put anything we want at this thing is useful to every travelers—to us every time we have a mission like this. May dala kaming mga pagkain and it was inside of our magical pouch. Kahit ano pwede naming ilagay, kahit ilan pa ngunit dapat ang mga pagkaing hindi masisira ilalagay namin dito.

It’s already five o’clock and Aiden gave her a third batch of plastic container of strawberries again and she looks cute while eating—she was munching her strawberries while her lips were pouted making her look cuter. I guess, strawberry is her favorite dahil hindi na niya tinigilan ang pagkain niyan at hindi naman nagsasawa si Aiden na abutan siya ng bago.

Hmmm… Aiden doesn’t like strawberries, why he has those, huh?

Suspicious… but others seems not noticing it because they were too busy looking around pero hindi talaga makakatakas sa aking mga mata si Aiden. Mwehe. But my eyes turn to Lara again and I just wanted to pinch her cheeks. Lumobo ang pisngi niya dahil sa dalawa ang sinubo niya, idagdag pa ang nakanguso niyang labi habang ngumunguya.

Sooooo, cute,!

“Headmaster said that the sorceress might give us a lead towards her. We just have to wait,” nabaling ang tingin ko kay Kuya Logan ng magsalita siya.

This place is cold but I can manage even we can’t make bonfire to warm ourselves. Lahat na lang bawal sa lugar na ‘to at hindi ko talaga gugustuhing bumalik pa dito. Hindi ko talaga ma-imagine na nakatagal ang sorceress na ‘yon dito. Imagine, seventeen years?! Ang tagal no’n! Lumalaki pa lang ako, nandito na siya! What it’s still mystery for us why she got trapped here…

“Are we going to rest first?” Arielle asked and she looks sleepy.

Kuya Logan nodded at nakahinga naman kami ng maluwag. I guess, we will wait for the sorceress’ lead dahil hindi naman namin pwedeng libutin ang lugar na ‘to. Aabutin kami ng siyam-siyam hanggang sa bumalik ang lakas ng mga halimaw dito. Naku! Hindi ko gugustuhing mamatay dito, ‘no! At saka, hindi namin masyadong alam ang lugar na ‘to—walang naka-aalam bukod sa tirahan ito ng madaming halimaw.

“Hey, Lars,” automatic namang nabaling ang ulo ko ng marinig kong tinawag ni Azriel si Lara at napasingkit na lamang ang aking mga mata habang nakatingin sa direksyon nila.

Lumipat ng pwesto si Azriel sa tabi ni Lara dahil bakante ‘yon habang na sa kanan naman niya si Gen. Ang weak ni Aiden! Then Lara look at him—just finished eating and she hummed as an answer but her hum feels good to my ears. Pansin kong nakatingin na kaming lahat sa kanila at mas lalong napasingkit ang mata ko ng inabutan ni Azriel si Lara ng tumbler.

“Thank you, Azie…” Lara said before drinking and she even smiled sweetly at him—they are fucking changing sweet smiles kaya hindi ko mapigilang mapatingin sa direksyon ni Aiden.

And I was shocked because he’s looking at Lara—no! He’s looking sharply at Azriel who’s smiling at Lara sweetly while they look both quite a close! Ohoooooo! Parang alam ko na this, huh! Napangisi ako at kailangan ko pa munang ikumpirma ito bago ko itsi-tsismis sa iba. You know, tsismosa ako, eh!

Napansin kong umiigting ang panga ng prinsepe habang nakatingin sa direksyon nilang dalawa and to confirm my suspicion, I asked the two—Lara and Azriel. “You two seems close…” I said and they both look at me. “Do you know each other for a long time?” I asked and I just remembered something.

We found Azriel in mortal realm and Lara was the one who gave his address to me and she was from mortal realm too kaya hindi imposibleng magkakilala na sila—or maybe they are friends that’s why they look like they are quite close… but if my memory serves me right—way back when the demons happened, I saw Azriel carried Lara when she was still in disguised and yes, we already know that she was that nerd before.

Hindi lang namin natanong kay Azriel kung bakit niya ginawa ‘yon dahil na rin sa dami ng nangyari. All members of Alphas saw what he did at hindi ko naman alam kung bakit tila kinabahan ako bigla—lalo na ng mapatingin ako ulit kay Aiden na mas madilim pa ang mukha sa lugar na ‘to and the eerie atmosphere became more eerie because of what am I seeing from him.

‘Wag kang mag-alala, Aiden! Support kita! I can be the president of LaIden love team!

“Yeah… we’re friends since we met each other in mortal realm…” he answered at kahit mayroon na akong idea ay hindi ko pa rin mapigilang magulat—lahat kami ay nabigla.

REALLY?!

Hindi! Wala! Ligwak ‘yang LaZriel! LaIden pa rin ako!

***

Small Magical Pouch

Source: Pinterest