Chapter 57: Hope

Chapter 57: Hope

Clara Odette White

“What should we do now?”

That’s everyone’s question. The rebellions retreated after our troops came and it looks like they are playing with us, much with our anger but it was fun for them. But we know better, we know that they are planning something and all we have to do is be ready and be cautious all the time. We won’t let those scumbags win this war and at this moment, the future of the Luminaria realm is at our hands.

“They declared war the moment they attacked every kingdom…” King Lorcan said, almost a whisper and we can’t help but agree with her.

We are at the grand hall of the academy, together with the heads of the academy, the kings and queens, and the councils. We are with them because we are tasked to take care of the students here and besides, this wasn’t their battle too… it is all elementalists’ battle after all. Every kingdom shouldn’t be left unattended that’s why every kings and queens’ right hand stayed at the kingdom.

Natahimik naman kaming lahat at maya-maya pa ay biglang bumukas ang pinto ng grand hall kaya napalingon kaming lahat dito. But we were taken aback after seeing who dared to enter the grand hall—Lucas… nakabenda pa ang kaniyang ulo habang nakakunot ang nuong naglalakad palalapit sa amin until he stopped in front of us while Alphas are still bewildered.

“Lucas…”

Upon seeing him, I noticed the big change in him… his golden hair, and his crystal ice eyes… I thought he didn’t possess his mother’s golden hair and unlike his brother, he has black hair just like his father, however, looking at him right now makes me wonder… what happened to him…? His eyes turned brighter than before and felt colder. Lucas and Kuya Logan… we also noticed Kuya Logan’s appearance changes these past few days…

What’s happening to them…?

He stopped in front of us before he bow like nothing happened. “Sorry, I’m late,” seryoso ito. Malayo sa nakilala kong Lucas na makulit at maingay. Pero ngayon? Ibang Lucas ang nakikita ko.

I wonder what happened…

But, if he is nowhere… then… where’s Lara…?

“Son!”

I queen rushed to her son and hug him tightly and almost immediately, Lucas’ expression turned gentle and he even smiled when his mother hugged him and all we can do is watch them but I guess, someone here won’t feel calm until he sees Lara.

“Where’s Lara?”

Straight to the point. But I understand him because I will do the same. When I look at Aiden, I can see from the depths of his eyes that he was so eager to look for his beloved. He was calm but you can see dark circles under his eyes. He was worried about Lara but at the same time, he is being a father to Caelum who keeps on looking for his mother.

“Lara…” we heard Lucas whisper. He was frowning until he was like he realize something just now dahil kita namin kung paano manlaki ang kaniyang mga mata. “L-Lara…” now, his voice was trembling and we had a bad feeling about this. And the last thing he said made everyone’s worried about Lara. “The last time I saw her is in the Mystique Forest… and we both lose consciousness…”

***

Third Person’s  Point Of View

Elementalists knew about the upcoming war but they still didn’t expect that it will come too early. Luminaria realm was always lively but right now, a chilly breeze was illuminating the whole realm. The realm wasn’t lively like it used to because it was silent which will make your hair rise.