Chapter 43: Arang, The Earth Supreme Guardian

When I woke up in the next morning, I am feeling okay again. Wala na ang sakit na nararamdaman ko but I still avoided Aiden. He tried approaching me earlier but I did everything to avoid him. Ramdam ko ang tingin niya sa akin ngunit hindi ako tumingin sa kaniya pabalik.

The others noticed what was happening to the both of us but no one tried to ask, kahit si Gen at Odette ay tahimik din. Gen and I are now sophomores at classmates kaming lima and I know that even they won’t tell me, I can feel that they are making me feel better and it helped somehow.

Pagkatapos naman ng klase ay bigla na lamang kaming pinatawag sa opisina ni Mimi and told us the bad news—that Jacob’s sister were kidnapped by the rebellions. The prince was feeling anxious kaya hindi na pinatagal pa ni Mimi and told us to get ready because we will rescue the princess right now.

Naiwan si Kuya Logan at Aiden sa opisina ni Mimi habang kami naman ay naghanda na. I wore the Alphas’ suit and the academy’s cape. I just also let my hair flow freely before I bid goodbye to my son and promised him that I will go home as soon as possible.

Bumaba na ako at hinihintay na lamang ang dalawa. Mabilis naman din silang naghanda and told us what’s the plan. Hindi lang daw ang prinsesa na kapatid ni Jacob ang kinuha ng mga rebelyon and they are already starting. Upon the report, those kids are all healers and we got the expectation that they badly need a healers.

I heard that they are lack of healers and that’s their disadvantage and they came up with the plan to abduct whoever has the ability to heal kaya lahat naman ng mga healers at protektado na ngunit hindi pa rin maaaring maging kampante.

After formulating a plan, we now went outside where the portal was. Buti na lamang at maayos na ang kalagayan ko dahil sa pagkaka-alala ko ay inaapoy ako ng lagnat, the reason why I was only half day today. Tanghali na ako kanina pumasok and I just missed my morning classes ngunit wala naman daw masyadong nangyari kanina. Wala rin pa lang alam ang Alphas patungkol sa nangyari sa akin kaya naman nakahinga ako mg maluwag, lalo pa’t hindi sila nangtatanong about sa amin ni Aiden—on why I was avoiding him.

We reached where the portal was and Kuya Logan activated the portal before we get inside one by one. I am even hesitant at first but this is urgent kaya hindi na ako nag-inarte pa. Malayo ang Dark Valley dito kaya nakahihilo talaga ang portal ngayon. Nang makapasok na ako sa portal ay naramdaman ko na lang na may biglang humawak sa aking bewang ng muntikan na akong matumba dahil sa hilo.

“Careful…” saad naman ng pamilyar na malamig na boses. Pumikit na lang ako at pinilit ang sariling huwag sumandal sa kaniya.

Naging marupok na ako kahapon! Tama na ‘yon!

I felt the pull of gravity until I can feel the eerie atmosphere again and that’s my cue to open my eyes. I could feel the prince of fire’s eyes on me but I didn’t dare to look back at him. I don’t want to feel what I felt last night, it just traumatized me.

Buti nga at maayos na ang lagay ko ngayon. I am already calm like nothing happened but I decided to distance myself from him. I look around and from where we are standing, I can see abandoned buildings and that’s where I could feel a lot of presence and I am not sure if they could feel that too.

“Let’s go.”

Lumayo ako kay Aiden at sumunod kay Rielle. Bawat galaw namin ay maingat upang hindi matunugan ng kalaban. Our presence were hidden and our movements were too careful but fast. Hindi madaling pag-aralan ang ganitong bagay dahil ng mga panahong inaaral ko pa lang ang galaw na ganito ay nahirapan ako. It was a contagious study for you to perfect this technique and one of the must learn dahil malaki ang maitutulong nito sa ‘yo, lalo na sa nangyayari ngayon.

We entered the building where we could hear the cries of kids. There are spies from the academy that are here and we learned from them that rebellions put the kids here at patungo pa lamang sila sa kanilang palasyo. We have no idea why they put the kids here instead of in their palace but it’s still a good thing… I guess?

We silently killed the guards that patrolled the building until our way was now clear. We were very careful until there are no guards left, but then, I can feel something surrounding us—powerful auras and I can see that they also felt that.

“We’re cornered,” Kuya Logan announced that’s why we positioned ourselves—protecting each other’s back.

They are powerful… no wonder they cornered us…

We’re being vigilant hanggang sa makarinig kami ng malalim na boses. “Look who we have here…” we didn’t know where the voice was coming but we know he was just close.

“The academy was too fool to sent a student here…” another dangerous voice and his tone were mocking us—underestimating our capacity.

“They are fucking powerful!”

It was Lucas’ voice and we secretly agreed to him. I can say that they are elite that’s why they have the guts to underestimate us. Nakarinig naman kami ng mga yapak patungo sa amin and I just realized that the cries that we’re hearing earlier was gone and I am worried for the kids’ safety right now.

The footsteps are coming closer and we’re just waiting for that immortals to reach where we are. I am slightly nervous because this will be the first time that I will be going to fight elite immortals but I can’t let my nervousness control me.

The footsteps stopped and that’s when we saw in front of us the three men that were shouting danger and behind them were their guardians—dangerous just like their summoner. Then from the dark, mayroong dalawang lumabas na lalaki at lumapit sa tatlong lalaki na nakaharap sa amin ngayon and they have a mocking smirks in their lips.

Their presence was giving me goosebumps and chills, especially, their guardians who are more than ready to attack us. Napakuyom ang aking kamao habang nakatingin sa kanila. They put a barrier around the abandoned building—cornering us and I can feel how powerful it was.

“They are one of the powerful generals of the king of rebellions—one of the deadliest rebellions.”

It was Kuya Logan’s voice and even his voice was calm, I could feel that he is slightly nervous. Hindi biro ang kaharap namin ngayon at ng pagmasdan ko sila ay nakitang mayroon silang iba’t ibang ekspresyon but nonetheless, you still can see that they are looking down at us and I bet that they think that they can end us in no time.

Nang pakiramdaman ko naman ang mga bata ay nakahinga ako ng maluwag ng nandito pa rin sila. It’s just that, we can’t just hear their cries because of the barrier that surrounded us. These men didn’t attacking us yet but their guardians that was behind them are creating a terrifying sounds.

Pinagmasdan ko naman ang mga kaharap namin, ang isang lalaki na nasa gitna ay may patch sa left eye nito at wala itong buhok. Ang na sa kanan naman nito ay may peklat na mukha sa pagitan ng kaniyang ilong at sa kanan niyang mata.

Ang katabi naman nito ay gwapo, but danger is shouting on him at ang katabi naman nito ay puno ng tattoos ang kaniyang katawan, kahit ang kaniyang mukha and lastly, ang katabi naman nito ay mahaba ang buhok at makapal na eyeliner at nakangisi ito habang nakatingin sa amin ng nakaloloko.

Bigla namang nag-ingay ang mga guardians nila sa kanilang likod kaya nabaling ang paningin ko sa kanila at pinag-aralan ng palihim. Ang katabi ng mahaba ang buhok ay isang malaking uwak at pulang-pula ang mga mata, habang ang guardian naman ng madaming tattoo ay isang malaking cobra kaya napangiwi na lamang ako ng palihim.

Ang leader naman nila ay isang napakalaking gagamba at ang katabi naman nitong may peklat sa mukha ay mayroong isang guardian na malaking scorpion at ang panghuli naman ay isang gorilla at galit na galit, and one thing I noticed about their guardians is, lahat ng mga mata nila ay kulay pula.

“Stick to the plan…” it was Kuya Logan again and we noticed that our enemies are getting ready to attack. “We—guys—will face them while you, ladies, will look for the kids…” he said at ramdam ko ang pagtutol ng mga prinsesa but these princes are determined.

Tutol man kami ay wala kaming magagawa. We didn’t comment because we know that our priority here was to save the kids that were abducted. It was our duty to make sure that the kids are safe and unharmed—that we should bring them back to their families.

“Welcome to hell.”

When we heard that words from them, that’s our cue to move. “GO!” Sabay-sabay na sigaw ng mga lalaki bago nila sinalubong ang mga kalaban.

Naramdaman ko namang hinila ako ni Arielle kaya napasama na rin ako sa takbuhan. Bago pa kami makalayo ay lumingon muna ako sa kanila at nakita silang nakikipag-laban na sa limang rebelyon na hindi pangkaraniwan ang lakas.

Someone can stop the summoner to summon their guardians… but not me.

Tumakbo kami hanggang sa makalayo kami sa mga lalaki and thankfully, no one followed us here at makapagpa-plano na rin kami kung paano sila tutulungan but for now, we have to destroy the barrier that those five men created.

“Let’s destroy this fucking barrier.”

We started to destroy the barrier as Gwen said. We used our elements, even weapons but it was too strong! I can see that it frustrates them already until I remembered that I am the summoner of electric cats! Naku naman, Lara! “Move,” I said at kahit nagtataka sila ay ginawa pa rin nila before I used Zephyr and Sarafina’s lightning to destroy the barrier and I just grinned when I just heard that something broken—like a broken mirror.

“Kung kanina mo pa sana ‘yan ginawa!” Natawa na lamang ako dahil sa winika ni Odette at napansing lukot ang kanilang mukha.

“Sorry naman, dear. I forgot,” I said and they just shake their heads. As the barrier broke, we started to hear the kids’ cries now that’s why we started to follow where it was coming from ngunit hindi ako mapalagay at alam kong sila din kaya naman nakapagpasya na ako. “Stop!” As I said that, they immediately stop and face me while frowning. “You will continue save the kids while I will go and help them,” I said at kita ko kaagad ang tutol nila kaya bago pa sila makapagsalita ay inunahan ko na sila. “I have the siblings, princesses,” I simply said at wala na silang ibang nagawa pa kung ‘di ang pagkatiwalaan ako.

***

Third Person’s Point Of View

As the princes fight the elite enemies, they are having a hard time since something was preventing them from summoning their guardians and one of their enemies can minimize their strength which affects them.

Right now, all they could do is fight using their physical strength and using their weapons but having their enemies’ guardians were making it hard for them. Their enemies are having a good time watching them which their so much frustration.

The academy has been warning them about the generals of the rebellions and it happened that they faced five of them! Their enemies’ strength was like the strength of the kings and queens and they are already losing hope because even they already did everything, they know that they will still lose. Until they felt force which made them kneel on the floor before they heard their enemies’ mocking laugh.

“Ready to die, kids?” Nakangising wika ng mahaba ang buhok habang nakatingin ito sa kanila at kapansin-pansing nasisiyahan siya dahil sa kaniyang nakikita.

They also can feel that they are feeling weak. Their vision is getting blurry like they were drugged or something but they still tried to free themselves but it was useless! What happened felt so sudden, they couldn’t believe that they were captive just like that! Alam nilang hindi lamang ‘yon patungkol sa abilidad ng kanilang kalaban kung ‘di mayroon pang iba. It was more than that and it was dangerous!

“As long as we wanted to play with you, we just can’t because we still have some errands to make…” it was their leader’s enemy and he already positioned his sword before walking towards where the princes were. “And, oh, by the way,” the leader said before smirking at them. “You were poisoned kaya kahit makatakas kayo ay mamamatay pa rin kayo…” the last thing he said before he readied his sword to kill one of the prince. They still wanted to play with them, however, they still have something important to do right now but it was still an honor for them to kill the sons of the royalties.

The enemy was about to behead one of the princes while they were feeling weak due to the poison ngunit bago pa dumikit ang espada ng kalaban sa balat nito ay mayroon na lamang biglang dumamba dito and even their vision are getting blurry, they still able to see the majestic white fox and its terrifying sound that alerted the enemies in front of them.

The enemies are beyond shock as they felt the fox’s aura—an aura of a guardian but it was different from other guardians because they could feel the authority and power from the fox and when they saw the fox’s nine tails, halos sabay-sabay nilang banggitin ang pangalan niya.

“Arang…”

Arang attacked the leader but because his guardian bravely attack him, his attention focused on the guardians but Arang is more than superior to everyone. His shining white fur was captivating and he was intimidating.

His moves are fast—he was like an air while attacking his opponent and while watching him, they were all bewildered, lalo naman ang mga prinsepe na hindi makapaniwala until they felt a familiar presence at patungo ‘yon sa kanila.

Huminto sa harapan nila ang isang prinsesa but she wasn’t facing them but Arang that currently fighting the enemies alone. Princess Lara only glance at them fast before running where Arang was and help the supreme guardian from fighting the enemies and they were bewildered once again. Kitang-kita nila kung paano sila makipaglaban and they were shock and confuse when they saw how Arang follow all Princess Lara’s command and how Arang protects the princess at all costs.

Even they felt their system weakening already, they were still able to watch the duo. “First is the electric cats. Then now, si Arang naman?! Don’t tell me, si Lara ang summoner ng tatlong supreme guardians?!” Hindi makapaniwalamg kumento ni Prince Kaizer habang pinanonuod ang laban. “What the hell is h-happening?” The princes still can’t believe what they are seeing right now and there are many questions in their minds right now.

They saw that the princess send signal to Arang and the next thing they new was Arang’s eyes turned all white until they just saw how the guardians turned lifeless at sumunod ang limang lalaki and Arang just sucked their souls—nanuyot ang kanilang balat at ang bata nilang itsura ay tumanda hanggang sa naging buto’t balat na lamang sila—a gross killing that only Arang could do. But while Arang was doing that, Princess Lara turned her back on them and walk towards where the princes are too oblivious right now and that’s because of the supreme guardian in front of them.

“You are poisoned.”

Nabaling na lamang ang kanilang tingin sa malambing na boses and the owner was the princess. As their eyes turned to her, that’s also when Arang walk towards where they are. His nine tails are swaying softly and his fur shines before they heard his voice for the first time.

“I already healed them,” the voice of Arang was baritone and calm but it was still intimidating. Arang looks at them and that’s also when their strength is coming back slowly. “Your strength will come back in no time, royalties,” then Arang look at Princess Lara—the person who summoned Arang but they have no idea—more on, they are already suspecting and they just need to ask the princess. “I am going…” pagpapaalam nito and the princess just nodded.

“Thanks, Arang,” saad ng prinsesa and she smiled at Arang before a white glittering light started to surround his body but before he could even disappear, his voice filled the princes’ ears and mind.

“I will eat your souls if you ask her questions, motherfuckers!”

He warned which made half of them gulp and silently nodded at the supreme guardian while Prince Aiden and Prince Logan were looking intently at the princess who suddenly spoke. “Let’s go. They need help…” the princess said before she run towards where the other princesses are.

All they can do was to follow the princess and they didn’t dare to speak until they already can feel the princesses. They sprinted where they are and only to find them fighting the rebellions that’s why they immediately lend a hand.

They fight the rebellions and in just no time, naubos nila ang kalaban. The princes’ strength is already back with the help of Arang. They cleared their way towards where the kids are until there are no more enemies are coming but they knew too well that’s why they have to move fast.

They run towards where the cries are coming from until they found where the kids are and they are relieved when they saw them unharmed. Wala na silang inaksaya pang mga oras and they all check the kids first. They couldn’t leave this place if they know that someone was left behind that’s why they double-check the place and when they are sure that there are no more kids in the area, mabilis silang lumisan bago pa dumating ang mga kalaban.

***