12 L I B E R A T E D 12

12 V 12

Over the past week, Janela and I have been going head to head. I've found random shit around my room missing, and at first, I thought it was me misplacing shit until I realized that Janela seemed to mysteriously be getting money from out of nowhere.

No news of a job. Her girlfriend's job didn't pay that good, so she might as well not have one. And her dad didn't seem to care that his daughter was broke. And I knew like hell my parents weren't giving her money, shit, they barely gave me any.

So tonight is the night the cameras I've secretly placed in the room while Janela was out will capture her stealing my things so I can show my proof to the family. And tonight is also the night my mother is dragging me to some business event starting at 8.

Outfitted in a black suit and some fancy dress shoes, I feel like the hottest bitch alive, but still, I could care less about this event, and more about my shit missing in my room.

Janela was downstairs watching television, and my parents were in the kitchen talking about the quickest route to the event so that we could make it on time.

I was just finishing up my light spray of cologne when I felt a presence behind me. I turned around, and immediately a hand clapped down over my mouth. "Shhh," my uncle whispered down into my face.

"Get off of me," I said underneath the strong grip of his hand. It smelled like onions, and they were burning my eyes. I can't tell if that was his intention or not.

"Janela liked it. You'll like it too," he whispered.

I tried to fight him off of me but he threw me down on the bed. I looked around my room quickly for a good weapon, but suddenly he was on top of me. My eyes darted to the bedroom door, but he had closed it. His hand was still over my mouth and it didn't seem like my hard biting was affecting him much.

So this is it. Is this how I'll lose my virginity?

"Vonna. Have you seen my dad anyw-

A loud scream had Janela's dad jumping off of me.

My parents rushed upstairs and saw him on the ground, his daughter beating the shit out of him.

"You said you'd stop! You said you were a good man now! You were so kind to me and my baby," she cried over him.

"Get the fuck out of my house, Ty'Rohn," my father shouted at my uncle. "Before I call the cops!"

"Baby, baby. Are you okay?" my mother ran over to me, cupping my face. I was fine, but seeing Janela go batshit crazy on her father was heartbreaking to watch. Is that how she got pregnant? Is that the reason why she didn't want to sleep near him?

Instantly I felt horrible for complaining about her being in my room. But another part of me still wondered if it was her stealing from me...or rather, her dad, since he was now the next likely suspect?

"Vontay, Vontay," my mother pulled my father away from my uncle. "Just call the cops."

"I'm sorry, Mom. Now you can't go to the event," I apologized. She stared me down into my soul. "Don't ever apologize for something like this, Vonna. I'd gladly stay with you even if that damn event had a million dollars waiting for me there," she said strongly.

She pulled me out of the room as my father talked to the authorities on the phone, Janela at his side as my uncle whimpered on the ground pathetically.

"I still wanna go," I said numbly.

"Vonna, I don't think-

"I still wanna go," I raised my voice.

Instead of getting mad like she usually does when I do that, her face only melted into sympathy. "Okay. But...whenever you feel like leaving, Vonna..."

I only nodded.

"Do you want me to fix you up?"

I walked to her room on autopilot, everything that just happened starting to sink in. At least he didn't get the chance to do anything to me, I thought sarcastically. But what about Janela, I wondered. A small part of me also was curious to know if my parents had any suspicions about my uncle before all of this? They sure acted that way before.

"There. Even more pretty than before."

I stared into my eyes in the mirror.

"You could say that," I said quietly.