35 L I B E R A T E D 35

35 L 35

"I can't believe dat," A'livia sighed, sitting on the curb besides me. It was after school, and I was waiting on my mother to pick me up. She was late because of some finalizing she had to do concerning the floor plans on her new boutique.

Of course, she was still working with Vonna's mother on it.

"I can't imagine Vonna laying a fucking finger on anybody, but it do be the ones you least expect," I said.

"Beatrix might have came across as harsh, but she either wanted things between you and Von to sour, or she was really looking out for you."

"I know. I feel like it might have been a mixture of both. But what do I do from here? It's not like I can Google what to do. It's not like I can ask for direct advice on this. How many people out there date ex-abusers? I mean, I don't know what to do, A'livia. Shit, we're not even really dating. We're just talking," I told her, frustrated.

"And what if she turns into her old self again, but with you," A'livia added in, her expression just as gloomy as mine. She was staying after school to make up a quiz.

"I don't even know the difference between old her and the one I thought I knew, anymore," I admitted. "I just never expected to find myself in this situation. I mean, me? The first stud I try to fuck with and already the relationship that hasn't even started is going to hell," I threw up my hands in defeat.

"Honestly, you just might need to go with the flow of things. Her past is a big red flag, but people also change. She seemed genuinely apologetic about what she had done, from what I could see across the cafeteria. I couldn't hear what she was saying from there to tell if her words were legit or not, but maybe you should try to hear Vonna out. And maybe even Beatrix, if the both of you are up for it."

"That sounds like a better plan. Doesn't mean it'll be easy," I said, getting up from the curb. I dusted my ass off and started walking slowly to my mother's Armada. "Today's the day, Livy," I mocked Jeredine's nickname for her. "The day that the worst day of my life continues to go to shit...possibly."

"I didn't know how to tell you. We didn't know how to tell you. Me and Jeredine," A'livia picked up on my slick remark. I mean, Jeredine goes from crushing on me to having a secret relationship with A'livia? If she was with A'livia all this time, then why was she all gooey and shit around me?

"It's fine. I'm not gonna hate or anything. I just low key feel betrayed for some reason, but it's whatever," I shrugged. "I'm finna get in this car and ask for my mother's help. Ion have a choice but to."

"I hope everything goes well," A'livia told me, getting up with a remorseful expression. "And that you have a better day," she added.

"Me too. Me too. Bye, A'livia."

I waved goodbye to her, then turned to my mother's SUV, my muscles tensed as I prepared to break my birth-giver's heart.