20 L I B E R A T E D 20

20 V 20

Liberty basically admitted to finding me attractive, and here I am, tucking her into bed. The house key her mother gave me felt too heavy in my hands.

I knew that it was disrespectful, but I found myself wandering her house. She had a little sister obviously, but her room was empty. She had a pretty big apartment to consider it one. Her room fit her personality for sure. It was chaotic but organized.

I got myself some water to drink down in the kitchen, planning on leaving when I heard some noise from upstairs.

"Liberty? You awake?"

"Vonna?"

Would she remember everything that she said?

"Yeah?"

Liberty slowly made her way down the stairs, rubbing her head. "I'm still a little high," she mumbled. "Do you want me to make you some water?" I offered.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. I don't want to even stomach anything right now," she grumbled.

"Do you remember..."

"Yes," she snapped.

"I'm sorry for-

"Thanks for taking me home, but I think you should leave, Vonna. At this point, I don't even care if you tell anyone what you saw me doing. Just go home."

"It was selfish of me to do that. After everything I lectured you on, I didn't act any better," I admitted. "But don't think you're a saint either. Could you forgive me?"

"That was the most backwards ass apology that I've ever heard, Vonna," she said accusingly.

"At least you were more yourself when you weren't lying. I don't like this harsh you," I stated.

"I'm not for you to like," she folded her arms.

"That seems to contradict what you said in the car."

"Asshole."

"Do you have a lying problem and a stealing problem?"

"Are you just an asshole or are you just this inconsiderate?"

"Hmph. The world may never know," I shrugged.

Liberty walked down the stairs, gripping the railing. "Why are you still here? To keep judging me about something I struggle with? Or to make your little ego feel better because you have a better life than me. Your mommy has a well-to-do boutique, you have a happy family, all the boutique kids adore you. Do you have a rubbing-life-in-other-people's-faces problem?"

"Nobody's life is perfect," I started walking for the door. "And I wasn't trying to rub anything into your face. I only wanted to disrupt the fact that you thought stealing was good. That you enjoyed it. I hope that we can leave this night in the past."

"And what? Have a better future? I'm never talking to you again. And I'm not obligated to."

"You didn't even hold down your end of the deal," I flipped around. "Well, what? Did you want me to stay at the event and embarrass the both of us?" she snapped at me.

"If you hadn't gotten high before it, the deal could have went by smoothly. Remember who's at the center of all of this: you and your problem and you getting high."

"So what? You wanna make another deal with me? Is there another fancy shmancy event you want me to attend?" she asked.

"No. I haven't decided what I want from you yet. But you still owe me."

"Whatever. Get the fuck outta my house," she yelled.

"I think you're cute too, Liberty," I said with a slick smirk as I slammed the front door behind myself.