05; The Tell

05-The Tell-(season one; episode five)♞

05
-The Tell-
(season one; episode five)

It was late. Joey knew that. But the constant headaches were keeping her awake. Her room felt like it was shrinking, and her brain felt like it might explode. No amount of Tylenol was helping her tonight. So... That left her and her thoughts only.

•.•

Joey quickly threw her bag on the ground and sat in her seat. Glancing at Stiles every now and then until Mr. Harris spoke.

"Just a friendly reminder, parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a 'C' average a required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment."

Slowly he walked over to the blonde and stood quietly. "Has anyone seen Scott McCall?"

The classroom door clicked open and Jackson walked inside. Mr. Harris immediately reassured him, hinting at the accident he had the night prior. "Everyone, start reading chapter nine."

"Mr. Stilinski, try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry, not a coloring book." He said calmly.

Joey wanted to know more about the accident; why Lydia didn't show up. She hated the idea of caring for the girl again, but, she would be lying if she said she wasn't the tiniest bit worried.

"Hey, Danny, can I ask you a question?" She asked leaning forward slightly.

"Yeah, what's up?" Danny replied.

"Um, did Lydia show up in your home room today?"

"No..."

"Can I ask you another question?"

"Sure?"

The blonde grasped her stool slightly. "Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson last night?"

Danny sighed. "He wouldn't... Tell me."

"Isn't he your best friend?"

"I would tell you if I knew, Russo."

"Alright, thanks Danny, sorry to bother you." She gave him a slight smile before returning to her work, not wanting to bother him anymore.

•.•

After the bell rang Joey ran down the hall, against Stiles' many protests to stay with him. She wanted to get to her locker to drop off most of her things. She would be late if she didn't go quickly. She started to put in her combination when a hand shoved her locker shut.