TOIC Chapter 3

Lu Zhengfei knew that something was wrong with Chen Qianqing, so he followed the advice of the doctor very quickly, hiring a psychiatrist for Chen Qianqing.

Chen Qianqing was very bright. As soon as he saw the unfamiliar man walk into his war, he was already able to guess his identity.

Lu Zhengfei was a very possessive person, there was no way he would be willing for Chen Qianqing to interact with someone else unless it was absolutely necessary. This time, if not for having broken Chen Qianqing’s leg, and to have been appeased by him, there was no way Lu Zhengfei would be willing to allow him to go to school.

The doctor was very young and had a very kind appearance. He only asked Chen Qianqing the usual things, nothing that would make him unhappy.

Chen Qianqing answered the doctor very vaguely. Clearly, he seemed rather out of it, but this was nothing to be concerned about. What really roused one’s unease was the contrast between the previous and the current Chen Qianqing.

If you were to say that he was a sunflower brimming with vitality before he had broken his leg, then he was now a mushroom that was growing in a damp corner. Silent, cold, and it was like nothing around him could attract his interest.

His beautiful face was completely overtaken by indifference. When you spoke to him, he would respond, but it looked like his mind was somewhere else.

The doctor asked him a few more questions, and left.

Chen Qianqing watched as he left, and there was no expression on his face.

“His situation is not very good.” The doctor said to Lu Zhengfei outside: “He has mild depression, and some other symptoms that would require further diagnosis.”

Lu Zhengfei looked at him blankly: “Is it serious? Will he have any suicidal tendencies?”

“No……” The doctor was slightly hesitant, but he still told him what he had observed: “His will to survive is actually rather strong, which is strange……” As it usually goes, people with depression tend to have suicidal tendencies. But what he saw from that person inside was a very strong will to live.

This answer seemed to fit with what Lu Zhengfei wanted to hear. He hummed in acknowledgement, saying nothing more.

After some silence, the doctor spoke: “Well, I will be taking my leave now, Mr. Lu. If you need anything else, please feel free to call me.”

Lu Zhengfei nodded.

After the doctor left, Lu Zhengfei went for a smoke. Even though he did not have a smoking habit, he would practically go through half a pack each day ever since he and Chen Qianqing got together. Especially since Chen Qianqing’s leg was broken, and would always show him that indifferent expression.

Chen Qianqing did not love him, Lu Zhengfei was very clear about that. He knew that there was no way for him to ever receive forgiveness for everything he had done to Chen Qianqing, but he did not care at all.

He could give Chen Qianqing everything he wanted, but he could never give him his freedom.

Chen Qianqing did not know what Lu Zhengfei was thinking, but the relationship dragged on for so long that he had almost forgotten what actually went through his mind in the past.

How could he be so foolish to think that he could keep his lover by him just by breaking his legs?

Now that Chen Qianqing’s leg was broken, there was nothing he could do at all. He could only lay in bed and stare at the ceiling, or look at the novels brought to him by the nurse out of kindness.