TOIC Chapter 16

Chen Qianqing sat in the dorm and played with the hamster.

Zhu Mao raised Lumpy very well. It was fat, fluffy, and even enjoyed curling up into a ball. Chen Qianqing put Lumpy in his hands and watched as it munched on a piece of apple.

This was the scene Zhu Mao saw when he returned.

Truthfully, ever since Chen Qianqing had returned to school, he had always felt that Chen Qianqing was less popular than before; perhaps, it may be easier to get along with him now, but it still felt like you could never get close to him.

Zhu Mao felt that Chen Qianqing appeared way better when he was holding Lumpy. He said: "Qianqing, I bought some oranges, do you want some?"

Chen Qianqing did not even turn his head: "Nope."

Zhu Mao nagged: "You don't usually eat much, and you don't like fruits either, how is your body going to hold up like this?"

It was not as if Chen Qianqing was eating less because he was picky, but it was simply because he lacked the appetite to do so. Nothing could catch his attention, and it was because of this that he started to eat less. But hearing what Zhu Mao had to say, he spoke: "Give me an apple then."——It would have been fine if it was just him, but he must never ruin Chen Qianqing's body.

Chen Qianqing looked down to see the peeled orange. He was not too big a fan of oranges, but fruits were not as abundant here in the school as in Lu Zhengfei's house, so this was just the same.

Zhu Mao turned on his laptop and said: "Qianqing, are you going for the last class the day after tomorrow?"

Chen Qianqing stuffed an orange slice into his mouth, and responded without even turning back: "Of course. What, are you going to skip classes?"

Zhu Mao coughed and spoke cautiously: "Then, if the lecturer were to take attendance, could you help me out......?"

Chen Qianqing's paused for a moment. He felt rather suspicious: "You're not going to class?" Zhu Mao was famous for being a stop student, besides the days when he really got sick, he went to practically every single class. But now he actually needed his help in taking attendance, the sun didn't just rise from the west, did it?!

Zhu Mao sighed: "It's not like I don't want to either, but it's the holidays soon and I only managed to buy the afternoon train tickets, I definitely won't be able to catch the classes in the afternoon......"

Chen Qianqing was shocked: "The holidays are coming again?"——But why does it feel like school just started not long ago?

Zhu Mao said: "Besides going to class all you do is sit in the library, you're even starting to confuse yourself......Isn't it already the 29th?"

Chen Qianqing chewed on his orange and suddenly remembered a problem......He hadn't bought the train tickets home yet.

Zhu Mao: "Qianqing, what's up with you?"

Chen Qianqing swallowed his orange and said: "Alright, I'll help you out."

Only then was Zhu Mao able to relax. Class was a pitifully empty sight right before the holidays; it would be good if the lecturer was understanding, otherwise, things would not go well if they suddenly decided to take attendances.

It was only after being reminded by Zhu Mao that Chen Qianqing remembered he had to go home for National Day. But the problem was, he still had not bought the tickets yet......

After a long moment of hesitation, Chen Qianqing decided to give Lu Zhengfei a call.

Lu Zhengfei was quite surprised to have received Chen Qianqing's call. Normally, he would be the one to contact Chen Qianqing, and to call him out for lunch. Trying to call him was like trying to invoke his ancestors from the heavens. To think that Chen Qianqing would actually take the initiative to call him today......