TOIC Chapter 20

Seeing the look of disbelief on Yuan Zhitao's face, Chen Qianqing said: "He got too scared and ended up crashing into a wall."

Lu Zhengfei: "......Yeah, I crashed into a wall."

Yuan Zhitao responded with a very long 'oh', and went on: "And the both of you ran that fast even though you were both so scared? I was trying to look for the two of you for a very long time."

Chen Qianqing snorted. He would never admit that he was afraid: "He dragged me away on purpose cause he was scared you'd see him shivering like a mouse."

Lu Zhengfei: "......Yes, yes, you're right."

Yuan Zhitao: "Qianqing, are you and Brother Lu doing a comedy show? I want to eat ice cream, buy me one."

Hearing this, Lu Zhengfei said: "He can't stand for long with his legs, so the two of you wait here, I'll go and buy it, what flavour do you want?"

THe reason why Yuan Zhitao was so casual with Chen Qianqing was because of their good relationship together, so Chen Qianqing would not care. But even though Lu Zhengfei offered, she still peered over at Chen Qianqing for his consent.

Chen Qianqing gave Lu Zhengfei a glance, and saw that he did in fact draw blood from his lips earlier, so he said: "Let him go."

Yuan Zhitao said: "Then, thanks Brother Lu, I want strawberry flavour."

Chen Qianqing turned towards Chen Qianqing: "What about you, Qianqing?"

Chen Qianqing shook his head. He was not a fan of such frozen treats.

Lu Zhengfei got up and set off to buy some ice cream cone for Yuan Zhitao. It was the National Day holiday, so there were many places at the shops as well. A very long line had formed in front of the ice cream stand, so he would be stuck here for at least 15 minutes or so.

Seeing that Lu Zhengfei left, Yuan Zhitao turned towards Chen Qianqing: "Qianqing, is he really your friend?"

Chen Qianqing responded: "Why do you ask?"

Yuan Zhitao's complexion was rather strange, it looked as if she had something to say, but she was hesitating. After some thought, she still started in a soft voice: "Qianqing, are you still angry at me?"

Chen Qianqing had no idea what happened with him and Yuan Zhitao in the past, but hearing this, she must have done something to be sorry towards Chen Qianqing about. So, he tried to string her along for an answer: "What're you talking about? I've forgotten."

Yuan Zhitao said: "I didn't mean to say those things to you."

Chen Qianqing was still quite unsure of what happened.

Yuan Zhitao sighed: "I just......never, thought you were that kind of person."

Chen Qianqing had a bad feeling about this. He responded: "What kind of person?"

Yuan Zhitao said: "I thought about it seriously, and you know, your sexuality really isn't your fault and whatnot......but didn't you like girls in the past?"

If Yuan Zhitao had come this far, then Chen Qianqing would be an idiot if he still did not understand what she was talking about. His calm face had become very stiff, and he could feel a buzzing in his head: "Yuan Zhitao, are you trying to say that I told you I liked men?"

Yuan Zhitao grinned: "You forgot? During the second half of your freshmen year, you suddenly told me......I didn't want to make it out to be such a big issue, but, but, I really......couldn't come to terms with it so quickly."