TOIC Chapter 19

In the taxi, Chen Qianqing was sitting with Yuan Zhitao at the back, whereas Lu Zhengfei was seated at the front.

Yuan Zhitao said: "Qianqing, I went up to the northwest region for a trip and brought you a lot of good stuff." As she said this, she rustled through the bag she gave to Chen Qianqing earlier.

Most of the stuff inside were edible foodstuffs. Yuan Zhitao introduced each one to him cheerfully, and suddenly pulled out a little glass bottle near the end. She said to Chen Qianqing: "This is the sand from Qinghai Lake, they say the sand there has all sorts of colours......I personally went there to fill this bottle myself."

Chen Qianqing received what Yuan Zhitao had handed to him and said: "It's so heavy, you're bringing these to the amusement park?"

Yuan Zhitao laughed: "I was worried you'd stand me up. If you dared to, I would've brought these to your home, see if auntie won't chew your ear off if I do."

Chen QIanqing smiled, but did not say anything.

Lu Zhengfei sat at the front with a straight face, listening to the interactions between Chen Qianqing and Yuan Zhitao behind him. He looked silently at the front as if he did not care at all.

But if Chen Qianqing could see that look in Lu Zhengfei's eyes at this moment, he would know how angry Lu Zhengfei really was.

Chen Qianqing and Lu Zhengfei were both still freshmen when they met, and there were good times in their relationship——Of course, as friends.

At that time, Lu Zhengfei had not done anything to Chen Qianqing yet, and Chen Qianqing seemed to have taken Lu Zhengfei as one of his closest friends whom he kept nothing from. Lu Zhengfei knew about Yuan Zhitao, and even though he had never seen her, he knew that she was Chen Qianqing's childhood friend. If he had not stuck a foot between them, then Chen Qianqing might even have gotten together with Yuan Zhitao.

Chen Qianqing's voice was so very gentle when he spoke to Yuan Zhitao, it was a stark contrast if you compared it to the cold treatment he gave him. Lu Zhengfei knew that he was not welcome in his life, but he still found it hard to face the truth calmly when it was shoved in front of his face.

It was the first day of National Day, and the amusement park was almost filled to the brim with people.

Lu Zhengfei went to buy the tickets. He was extremely unhappy, but he could not show it in when he was in front of Yuan Zhitao; he had even offered to help Yuan Zhitao hold the gifts like a gentleman.

"His leg has just recovered." Lu Zhengfei told her: "He can't lift any heavy objects, so I can handle them."

Yuan Zhitao looked at Chen Qianqing and nodded in agreement, then she passed the bag over to Lu Zhengfei.

Frankly, love really can lower a person's IQ. As long as Chen Qianqing was not concerned, Lu Zhengfei's IQ would remain the same; but if Chen Qianqing was anywhere near related to the matter, his IQ would start to drop like a waterfall.

Take now for example: after calming down, Lu Zhengfei could finally face Yuan Zhitao with a smile.

No matter how good Lu Zhengfei was at keeping up the act, Chen Qianqing could still tell what he was thinking. But even though he could tell, he pretended to be oblivious to it. He turned to Yuan Zhitao and asked: "Zhitao, what do you want to play first?"

Yuan Zhitao responded in excitement: "Let's go to the haunted house!"

Both Chen Qianqing and Lu Zhengfei nodded at the same time.

But Yuan Zhitao looked at Chen Qianqing with some suspicion: "Qianqing......what made you agree so easily this time?"

Chen Qianqing was stunned. Only now had he realized that he had in fact been agreeing too easily to that: the previous Chen Qianqing enjoyed coming to the amusement park as well, but his least favourite attraction was still the haunted house.