TOIC Chapter 6

A few days later, Chen Qianqing was discharged from the hospital.

Since the plaster was still on his left leg, he had to sit on a wheelchair.

And when he left the hospital, it was inconvenient for Chen Qianqing to get around, so it was Lu Zhengfei had carried him home.

In the eyes of Chen Qianqing's mother, Liu Huamei, love between two men did not exist. When she saw Lu Zhengfei holding Chen Qianqing, she never thought about that at all, instead, she sighed in admiration of how hard Lu Zhengfei was working.

Lu Zhengfei carried Chen Qianqing into the car and put the collapsible wheelchair into the boot before getting into the driver's seat, driving Liu Huamei and Chen Qianqing to his residence.

Chen Qianqing had lived here before, or to be accurate, he had been locked up in there.

The windows in the room were all fenced off with iron bars, while the doors were locked with iris scanning biometric locks, leaving Chen Qianqing practically no way to escape at all. But even so, Chen Qianqing had still found an opportunity to run out. But in the end......That was how Lu Zhengfei had ended up breaking his leg.

Now that he was back here, Chen Qianqing was not very sure what he felt.

Perhaps, even if the current Lu Zhengfei was not so familiar with this room, this is where he spent a full decade with Chen Qianqing. Even if he had left this place occasionally, their final moments had still ended in this room.

Chen Qianqing who was on his final breath laid on the bed, and his last words, were a curse. With his own death, he had taken his perfect revenge against Lu Zhengfei.

A grand piano was placed on the second floor of this house. In the past, Chen Qianqing had been very adept with the piano. However, he never touched this instrument again after his eyes had gone blind.

Not long after Liu Huamei had returned, she went out again to buy groceries. She felt that she had been troubling Lu Zhengfei with too much, so she took the initiative to take up the task of cooking. Lu Zhengfei tried to persuade her otherwise, but since Liu Huamei's mind had already been decided, he could not say anything more.

After Liu Huamei went out, only Chen Qianqing and Lu Zhengfei were left alone in the house.

Chen Qianqing was watching TV on the first floor, but it was unknown what Lu Zhengfei was doing on the second. After a while, he came down and saw Chen Qianqing looking blankly at the TV. He spoke to him: "Qianqing, I want to hear you play the piano."

Chen Qianqing: "......" Looking at himself from another angle, he really was quite the impulsive person.

"Qianqing?" At this moment, Lu Zhengfei was not much different from Chen Qianqing. The both of them did not have a rich array of facial expressions, but Chen Qianqing was clear that this 'Qianqing' meant that Lu Zhengfei was starting to lose his patience.

Chen Qianqing: "But the plaster's still on my leg." This could only be used as an excuse. After all, though you had to use your legs when playing the piano, it was no more than for auxiliary purposes. Lu Zhengfei wanted to hear him play the piano, and he would not try to pick at it from a professional's view either.

And sure enough, after hearing what Chen Qianqing had said, Lu Zhengfei's face turned dark. In this distorted relationship between Chen Qianqing and Lu Zhengfei, the only place they could both relax was in the room with the piano on the second floor.

No matter how angry Lu Zhengfei was, he still would not do anything to that piano; and no matter how angry Chen Qianqing was, he would never refuse to play the piano. It was like taking a deep breath after suffocating for a long time, that piano was the only thing that could provide a sense of relief in their relationship.