TOIC Chapter 30

Seeing that Sun Baiqi had left, Lu Zhengfei turned to Chen Qianqing: "He's just a kid, Qianqing, you don't have to bother with him."

Chen Qianqing responded with a quick hum as a means of acknowledging him, and did not say anything. Even though Sun Baiqi was usually a little bossy, he was not a bad person. At the very least, he had never forced anyone when it came to relationships, and most of them were based on willing transactions——From this point of view, Sun Baiqi was much better than Lu Zhengfei.

When Lu Zhengfei saw that Chen Qianqing was still unwilling to talk, he thought that Chen Qianqing was still mad at him, so he said: "Qianqing, what did he say to you? You can tell me, I'll go beat him up."

Chen Qianqing responded: "Oh, he said I was your little canary."

Lu Zhengfei wished he could give Sun Baiqi's head a good whack.

When Chen Qianqing saw how dark Lu Zhengfei's face had become, he continued: "And he also said that he would definitely do me in if you ever throw me away."

Lu Zhengfei's face changed for the worse.

Chen Qianqing said: "You can deal with that however you please." When it came to Sun Baiqi, he actually did not mind, but what bothered him was how Sun Baiqi was treating him——His actions today proved that this was how he acted with the original Chen Qianqing. And even though Lu Zhengfei had heard Sun Baiqi's remarks in his past life, it was clearly Chen Qianqing who had to deal with those remarks on his own.

Without Chen Qianqing's compromise, the possibility to ease up their relationship had been cut off.

Chen Qianqing himself would be fine with Sun Baiqi's words, but he could imagine how hurt and even despaired the real Chen Qianqing would feel hearing those words.

Too weak, much too weak; Lu Zhengfei thought that he was strong enough, but it was only after he became Chen Qianqing that he realized how weak he really was——He could not even protect his lover from being involved in these petty rumours.

When Lu Zhengfei finally held the reins of the Lu family, nobody dared to try anything against him or Chen Qianqing anymore; but he and Chen Qianqing had already moved towards an dead end with no way back.

Lu Zhengfei said: "Qianqing, they've invited me to join them in billiards, you should come too, we can eat dinner with them later tonight."

When Chen Qianqing heard the mention of 'billiards', he nodded.

Lu Zhengfei and his friends were all fans of snooker. Before he fell in love with Chen Qianqing, he would often play it all throughout the afternoon. His technique was not too bad, but there would still be wins and losses throughout the day.

When they came to the billiards room, Lu Zhengfei went with Xu Shaoren to one of the tables.

Chen Qianqing knew that Xu Shaoren worked as a psychiatrist, so he could just about guess what Lu Zhengfei needed help with from Xu Shaoren. However, he did not intend to participate, leaving Lu Zhengfei to struggle over things by himself.

If they were just playing casually, their game of snooker would probably last no more than about twenty minutes. While playing, Lu Zhengfei would glance over at Chen Qianqing, causing him to make several mistakes. This made Xu Shaoren a little unhappy.

When they started their second set, Xu Shaoren told him directly: "Lu Zhengfei, are you here to watch him or play snooker? Can you please focus a little more?"

Lu Zhengfei responded in a perfunctory manner: "We're just playing around, it's not a competition, what're you being all serious for?"

Xu Shaoren goes: "...If you want to look at him, can't you just be open about it? It's bloody embarrassing how sneaky you're being, I would've thought you wanted to dig a hole under someone's fence if I didn't know what you were up to."