TOIC Chapter 17

Even though the traffic was very heavy, they were fortunate enough to make it for their flight.

Chen Qianqing was starting to get a little tired after sitting for a car for several hours, so he immediately fell asleep as soon as he got on the airplane. It was not until they had reached their destination was he called awake by Lu Zhengfei.

Lu Zhengfei said: "Qianqing, wake up, we're here."

Chen Qianqing yawned and slowly started to undo his seatbelt before heading off with Lu Zhengfei to get their luggage.

Lu Zhengfei had many bags of gifts checked in for Chen Qianqing's mother, but he himself only had a bag full of necessities for his own use; though, he still seemed to be in a pit of difficulty trying to hold all the gifts.

Chen Qianqing pretended not to have seen the pitiful position Lu Zhengfei was in. Back then, Lu Zhengfei had never provided him such good treatment; compared to the beaming smile he received from Liu Huamei now, all she gave him in the past was two simple words: 'Get out'.

Liu Huamei had wanted to pick Chen Qianqing up at the airport, but Chen Qianqing rejected her offer; so, they could only hail their own cab now outside of the airport.

It was the National Day holidays, so the place was spilling with people. It took much difficulty for both Lu Zhengfei and Chen Qianqing to hail a cab, and when they did, it was nearly twelve o'clock at night.

The only thing they could be happy about was the fact that a drizzle had started to fall as soon as they entered the car.

After they got on, Lu Zhengfei and Chen Qianqing started some small talk to pass the time. All they talked about were unimportant matters such as the weather and what not; the two of them had silently avoided bringing up certain topics.

By twelve, Chen Qianqing finally reached home.

After getting down from the car, he took the lead while Lu Zhengfei struggled behind him with his big pile of gifts. Though he kept a straight face, one could vaguely see a look of unease within his eyes; he looked just like a silly little fool who was here to visit the in-laws.

Liu Huamei rushed over when she heard the doorbell ring: "You've finally arrived, and here I was wondering if you were caught in the traffic."

While taking his shoes off, Chen Qianqing said: "Traffic was a little heavy on our way here, but it's not as bad right now."

With Chen Qianqing bending down, Liu Huamei finally noticed Lu Zhengfei who was standing right behind him. She quickly said: "Goodness, you should've let Xiao Lu come in first if you've brought him, but you're just occupied with your own shoes. Come come, come in, you can use these slippers."

Lu Zhengfei gave her a sweet smile: "Thank you auntie."

Liu Huamei's eyes narrowed in joy. In her heart, she was probably thinking: 'my, what a good-mannered child this is.'

Chen Qianqing ignored her. He was just unhappy to let Lu Zhengfei have his way right now. The more Liu Huamei liked Lu Zhengfei, the more displeased he was——And within that displeasure were his dissatisfactions of having to receive the rough treatment back then while this guy got a welcoming smile.

Lu Zhengfei changed into the slippers and brough the pile of gifts inside.

As soon as she saw the things Lu Zhengfei had brought in, Liu Huamei started again: "You could have just come, no need for all the gifts. I haven't even gotten to thank you yet for helping Qianqing when his leg was broken."

Lu Zhengfei's harmless smile was still hanging high on his face: "It's just a small show of my sincerity, auntie, please, if you really accept me as Qianqing's friend, I hope you can accept these as well."