TOIC Chapter 22

What was the most tragic thing in the world?

For the current Chen Qianqing, knowing the truth was the most tragic thing.

He had pursued his lover for a decade, the lover he imprisoned for ten years; only after destroying you did you finally found out that he had tried to accept you——Was there anything more tragic than this? No, there never will be.

After the end of their sexual engagement, Chen Qianqing crawled out of bed to take a shower. Marks and bruises covered his body, and a white fluid was still flowing out from between his legs. But compared to the alarm he felt the first time he was violated by Lu Zhengfei, he could now be considered to be fully indifferent to it.

Lu Zhengfei felt that something was very wrong with Chen Qianqing. He watched his back as he walked away, but in the end, he still could not say anything.

Chen Qianqing entered the bathroom and turned the water on.

Mist rose up from the hot water, and fogged up the mirror in front of him; the face that appeared on the mirror was also slowly turning into a blur.

Chen Qianqing reached out to wipe the vapours away from the mirror bit by bit, and stared at his own face in the mirror.

After a moment, he slowly started to rub over that image in the mirror with his fingers, as if he was stroking that pallid face. He said: "Chen Qianqing, I'm sorry."

No one responded.

He pressed his forehead onto the mirror, and small sobs started to break out from his lips. He thought he was strong now, strong enough to face this strange situation, but when he found out the truth, he had only then realized that he was unable to accept it at all, he could not handle the weight of the truth.

"Qianqing, I'm sorry." Chen Qianqing closed his eyes. In his trance, he saw him again, that man laying in bed, and watched him with eyes so filled with hate. That person told him, Lu Zhengfei, if I die, wouldn't that be my best revenge against you?

Chen Qianqing's death was not the best revenge against Lu Zhengfei, his best revenge was to see Lu Zhengfei become Chen Qianqing, so that Lu Zhengfei could see with his own eyes how he had destroyed Chen Qianqing with his own hands.

Chen Qianqing squatted down on the floor and buried his face between his arms as hot water splashed down the top of his head, but it made him feel even colder instead.

Knock knock, a noise sounded at the bathroom door. Lu Zhengfei's voice could be heard coming from outside: "Qianqing, are you okay?"

Only then did Chen Qianqing come back to his senses, only then did he realize that the water in the heater had long gone cold.

"I'm fine." Chen Qianqing's voice was a little hoarse. He reignited the heater and said: "I'll be out soon."

Lu Zhengfei did not ask any other questions.

Chen Qianqing washed away the marks on his body in a hurry, wrapped a towel around himself, and left the bathroom. He looked at Lu Zhengfei and said: "You should go shower, mom is coming home soon."

Lu Zhengfei thought that Chen Qianqing would throw a tantrum, but he never would have thought that he would actually be this calm.

Lu Zhengfei agreed, and headed into the bathroom.

Chen Qianqing sat down on a chair, bearing the pain of his aching waist and back. He had the urge to smoke again, and after suppressing that urge for a while, he could endure it no longer, and still took out a cigarette from Lu Zhengfei's pocket before bringing it up to his nose to sniff on to his satisfaction.