TOIC Chapter 21

By the time Lu Zhengfei came back with the popcorn, Chen Qianqing's emotions have already calmed down completely.

He sat on the bench and joined Yuan Zhitao on her one-sided conversation, his whole person appeared very indolent.

Lu Zhengfei passed the popcorn in his hands to Chen Qianqing, and from his expression, you could tell that he had not cooled down at all.

Chen Qianqing had only pretended not to have seen it. He took the popcorn and started to eat from it.

Yuan Zhitao had already finished her ice cream, so she started to share Chen Qianqing's popcorn. Every so often, her eyes would peer over between Chen Qianqing and Lu Zhengfei. Clearly, she did not really believe when Chen Qianqing told her that he and Lu Zhengfei were only friends.

The queue for the Ferris wheel went by very quickly; before they could even eat much of their popcorn, it was their turn to get on the ride.

Just as Chen Qianqing entered, Lu Zhengfei had already shamelessly pushed himself beside him. His expression was very calm, so Yuan Zhitao was even more sure of her speculations after seeing this.

When Chen Qianqing told Yuan Zhitao that he might be interested in guys, the scene she imagined in her head was that of Chen Qianqing with his arms around an effeminate but stubble laden man with lipstick on, so her reaction was particularly large towards it.

But when she saw Chen Qianqing and Lu Zhengfei sitting together, Yuan Zhitao realized that if Lu Zhengfei was the partner that Chen Qianqing was with... It was actually... not too bad? Well, with that you could really see that we lived in a world where face value was important.

As their cabin slowly raised to the highest point of the Ferris wheel, Chen Qianqing was still popping pieces of popcorn into his mouth one by one. As time went by, Yuan Zhitao was able to feel the strange atmosphere building up more and more, so she started softly: "Qianqing, are you feeling uncomfortable?"

Chen Qianqing had pallid skin, so you could practically say he was as white as a ghost at this point, and there was also that idle look in his eyes that seemed to make him all the more transparent.

He knew as well that Lu Zhengfei was still angry because of the misunderstanding he had between him and Yuan Zhitao, but he just could not be bothered to explain himself.

Indeed, Lu Zhengfei was still angry. When he saw Chen Qianqing hugging Yuan Zhitao, he had nearly gone mad. There was simply nothing he wanted more at that moment than to rush over and pull Chen Qianqing from Yuan Zhitao's arms, and kiss him violently; but in the end, Lu Zhengfei was still able to stop himself. But this did not mean that he did not care about what happened earlier.

Chen Qianqing: "I'm alright." The sound of creaking was still ringing in his ears, but he had already calmed down. Yuan Zhitao's words were like a hammer, bang after bang it crashed down on his body, crushing his soul bit by bit.

Lu Zhengfei spoke, "If he wants to have fun, just let him."

Yuan Zhitao made a sound of acceptance.

And so, with the strange atmosphere in the air, the three went around the top attractions in the amusement park and had their fun. When it started to get late, they finally left the amusement park.

Yuan Zhitao had originally planned to eat dinner with Chen Qianqing at night, but when she looked at the situation, it might be hard for the three of them to stomach their meal if she stayed with them, so she could only say: "Qianqing, I'm heading off first... Let's meet up again next time, what's your number?"