2 - Best Friend

1.9k words

༻✦༺

(Y/n)'s POV
"I know what I said, but-"

"You gave your word, and you said yourself that you always live up to your word," I cut Anakin off with a pout.

He was trying to go back on the agreement he made to take me to the river. I get why — he is worried I am going to fall in and get taken away by the current since it tends to act up this time of year, and clumsiness is not a stranger to me. But at the same time, he needs to understand I am not a child and am more than capable of doing something as simple as not falling in.

Which I do understand that I am more coddled because I am the one and only blood heir to the Naboo throne. But I swear, both him and my parents treat me like I am some incompetent child, they have no trust in me whatsoever and see me as dense.

"I know Princess," He said softly, probably hoping to keep my demeanor calm, "But I mentioned it to your parents and they-"

"Why would you tell them?" I cut him off again with a shout as I grabbed my pillow from my bed and threw it at him, which he dodged with ease — his efforts to keep me calm have clearly failed, "Of course they would be against it, they hate me going anywhere past the tree line."

(There is a specific reason her parents are so adamant on not allowing her to go near the forest or really do anything—which will be explained later—they're not just being too strict, they have fear in their hearts for a good reason. But I do agree that they still need to lighten up.)

He picked up the pillow from the floor with the rolling of his eyes, "Because I wish to keep my head attached to my body," He exclaimed dramatically.

"Please, they will not harm you. They adore you more than I half the time." I folded my arms over my chest as I eyed him and down with disgust. They love him, especially my mother who thinks he is an Angel, little does she know he is the complete opposite.

His hair is hiding his horns.

We have been getting along decently these past few days, but there are times where we are at each other's throats, and I have a feeling we are about to have another one of those moments.

"That is not true." He argued, throwing the pillow in my direction and hitting me in the arm despite my efforts to maneuver out of the way. My dodging skills are not as pristine as his, that I will admit.

I scoffed, "Yes it is, you are like a teachers pet. Running to them with every little thing. Tu n'as pas de couilles Anakin?" I spat in French, knowing the reaction he was about to have. He hates when I speak in other languages, especially if I am throwing him insults in them.

"How am I supposed to understand what you are saying?" He yelled as he gestured like he was going rip his hair out in frustration, "If you wish to insult me, speak English, not all of us are fluent in whatever language that was."

"It was French you mindless half-wit, and I was asking if you have any balls. But clearly you do not." I was getting fed up with him and my parents, and their stupid rules that they enforce without giving me a proper reason other than 'it is not safe'. So my usual calm and composed demeanor was slowly floating away.