Chapter 16

Sarah's P.O.V.

"W-what did you s-say?" "I said I am an orphan" I said repeating myself. My thoughts on how I would explain this, is exactly how I'd pictured it; a shocked Harry and a uncomfortable me.

Harry looked at me, with a wide shocked expression. I felt as if I was under a magnifying glass and he was examining me. "Well, say something Harry" I said, feeling pieces of myself, what I had left break away. "I-I-I don't know what to say" he said, looking down. "I knew it! I knew you wouldn't understand!" I said, in frustration as I walked to the door. He thought I was some sort of freak, no it's not every day you expect someone to understand or to even accept it; of course it takes time, but right now I need Harry and his face is telling me he doesn't want any part of it.

"Sarah! Wait!" he said, closing the door as he grabbed my arm, out of habit I look into his eyes, "No, I don't understand but I'm willing to listen to it all" he finished as he guided us back to the bed to sit. "Ok, where should I start?" "How about how long you've been there?" he asked hesitantly. "Well my whole life. I never knew my parents, or if I have any siblings, Ms. Bridges the owner, she's taken care of me and she's taken care of me. The only thing she could tell me was I left on a doorstep." I said, a faint tear slid down my cheek as Harry brushed it away. "It's ok if you want to stop" he whispered, "No, I have to say this" I said smiling.

"And I live at the Holmes Chapel Orphanage or well I used to..." I said, he gave me a puzzling look, "What?" "That was you that I saw last weekend, walking in! I can't believe I didn't put two and two together" he said, laughing at himself. I started to laugh "It's possible but there are over 30 more children besides me. I'm the oldest out of them all, and the youngest being a month and a half." I said, "Wow! Who take care of them all?" "I do" I simply stated, "B-but" he stammered as he couldn't get his words out.

I understand that this could very well be a lot for him to take in, and to be honest it's not easy for me either, telling my biggest secret and letting him no every possible inch about me, and knowing that in the back of his mind he's always going to think that he's overwhelmed and it could possibly put a dent in our friendship, and my crush on Harry.

"I get up early around 5AM , get them up, give them their baths, cook their breakfast, which ever since I've known we've always ate Raman Noodles and nothing else, then I get them off to school, feed the babies their bottles, as well as take care of a 2 year old...all before I get to school" I let out a breath, "So that's where you are in the mornings, I was wondering where you could be" he said, a small shade of pink came across his cheeks.

"Y-you wonder where I am in the mornings?" I asked shocked, completely shocked for that matter, I can't believe that when I'm not there, he's still thinking about me.

"Yeah, I wait every morning to see if I could find you" he smiled at me, "Nobody's ever done that" I stated, "then I'm proud to be the first" he said, as he winked at me.

"Anyways" I said, giggling, "I go out of our first period to take care of them, then I come back" "So that's why" he said, "mmhmm" I nodded before continuing my story telling about Ms. Bridges, my binging to become thinner, the beatings, as well as Ms. Burks, who recently has came into my life.

I told him that's why some days I came into school limping, or my face bruised up. He looked at my arms from a couple days ago and how the bruises were starting to fade as he took his fingers and traced my bruises lightly grazing them.

By the time I was finished, Harry had tears running down his face, "Sarah, I'm so sorry, you're not fat at all, your body is perfectly shaped" he finished, I wiped his tears and shook my head saying "I know" I simply said, "No! I'm the one that caused you even more problems, and I'm sorry" he said.

I couldn't help but still feel like he didn't understand, I know it takes time but still that feeling isn't going away.

Harry's P.O.V.

I feel overwhelmed I didn't know all of this baggage came with Sarah; I mean I like her...a lot but am I really ready to tackle this on with her, just to be with her? I ask myself but at the same time I know she needs me and I'm gonna try to be there for her. She doesn't need her faith in me shaken.

"Harry, you can't change what you've done, you can only change what's happening now" she said.

 It's amazing through her whole life, she's been thrown away , unwanted, as well as unloved.  I've made feel that way as well, and she's still managed to be a humble, happy girl. She could have easily been one of those bad girl types, you know the ones, always in trouble, doesn't respect anybody, and does what they feel, but that's what I like about Sarah, she chose to be different.

I smiled at her, "So about the other kids? What are they like?" "Well, we have a set of triplets and they're 12, then we have Lux who is 2 years old, and Lyrica she is 6. Then we have two babies Rainy who's 5 months and Thomas who's a month and a half" she said, "Wow, and what about the others?"

"Well, some of them Ms. Bridges let "potential parents" have them just to see if they can work out, but they come back every time. Some have to stay in the hospitals because she refuses to clean up better but I can't clean every inch of that place, go to school, all the same time and day." She exclaimed.

"Harry you don't know how good you have it, you have a family that loves you as well as all the things you need, the money, parents, phones, everything. We just have the clothes on our backs that are hand me downs and our tooth brushes" she said, I breathed out a sigh, she was right "You're right and we're going get you the same things" I said, smiling.

We sat there before Sarah asked me, a question I didn't know I could handle, "Would you like to meet them?"