Chapter 15 *crowned*

Mujahid.
(Who miss him?)

Offing the ignition of my car, I sauntered out noting to myself that somewhere down northeast, there's the same car being driven around by someone I'll love not to remember.

At least, not now.

I can't bring myself to face Mudathir unless he's solved his situation, I don't want to have an input. Because it's either I behave selfishly or I just pretend to be fine which would not go unnoticed by him. Either way, I don't want to be in any situation around it.

"What is meant to be is going to be." I say to myself as a way to console my miffing heart. I don't want to dive into me praying that Mudi will just leave the 'Aliyys alone.

Khairat waved at me happily on her way to escort her friend outside and I nod at her. She and her brothers have been up and about my issue hooking me up with one person or the other and it won't be far-fetched to think the supposed friend is one.

"She's Salamah. We met at a saloon"

"Oh, Ya kike?" I said and walked past them.

There was Khadija whom she met in a rickshaw, Maryam whom she met at fries and pizza, Fatima or is it sumayya whom she met at school and countless others. What I don't get is why they needed to be introduced to me.

I pushed the door in and met Mum on a sofa reading a book.

I said my salaam and went straight to the fridge to get chilled water. I could feel mother's eyes on my back the whole time and when I turned only to meet her eyes which she returned back to her book, I walked back to her and sat in front of her.

She continued roving her eyes on the book she was holding but I need no one to tell me that she isn't reading anything.

"Mum just say it" I teased, finally.

Almost immediately, the book was tossed to one side and she was facing me squarely.

"So, Do you like her? Her height is spectacular." She said and I was taken aback.

I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came. So, mother knew about everything?

"... She's so beautiful and friendly. And she's so respectful. Did you see how well behaved she was the whole time she was here?  And her voice, ga murmushi"

"Gaskiya. She's the best among the girls khairat has brought." Someone chipped in.

I looked between my mother and my siblings, Abdul basit to be precise. I didn't even know when he entered.

Is it that serious?

I sat back thinking of the most ridiculous excuse I can give. They are now making an analysis between the ladies khairat has been bringing. And it was funny how none of them seem to please them wholly until this particular one who just left.

"So is she okay?"

"I don't know... does she have a gap teeth?" I asked.

Khairat must have thought it serious because she went to her phone scrolling on what I think is going to be their pictures together.

"No" she said shaking her head.

Then she was typing furiously on her phone.
"Is her height okay?" She asked raising her head to give me a good look.

I bit back a laughter but I still answered nonetheless.
"No, she's a bit too tall"

"Then what about her complexion"

"She's too dark"

"Face?"

Khairat went on and on until I ended up describing a certain someone in my mind. Unknowingly!