Chapter 21 *trip to insanity*

Nadeer

"One, two... one, two"
I kept counting my steps on the repeating pattern of the tiles on the floor to my apartment.

To anyone looking, I'll seem like a really cool man calculating his steps before he took it. But I was simply playing. I play too much, you know.

I was feeling unfair that I had to go to sleep tonight. My nights are better than my days, you see. I would have made it better by roaming on the streets aimlessly and shopping on impulse. I have a number of things I had shopped impulsively without really needing them.

Or I would sit by the road in my car, looking for any decent girl to woo. I don't do dirty ones though, and I don't play the decent ones too. So I should be safe from any lashing!

I'll simply have a moment out of love with them and it's enough to keep me going for a while. Unless the newly founded love of mine is slowly stretching more than I had thought and I am not yet letting go. I had to have a dose of her smiles today to have the courage to face my day tomorrow.

It's real!

I told myself. And a grin formed on my face at the thought of her waiting behind the doors to welcome me home as I clicked in the key. Only that instead of the imaginative spur I had, I was greeted with my peace, which is the darkness.

I blinked my eyes until I had adjusted to the darkness and even though the switch was just by the door, I walked further. I'm better off in the darkness.

Makes me wonder if I'd be better off in the darkness about my reality.

The daylight is an illusion! And the nights are just the prettiest. Because instead of basking in the glory of everyone's eyes, you do not need to try hard to hide your form. Just don't stay near any form of light, that's all.

I'm better off as a silhouette in the dark than enjoying the spotlights which is the only the version of me everyone sees.

Placing my cap on the vanity table in my room, I fell heavily on the bed trying not to do any activity that may keep me awake till the late hours of the night. I have so many of them, you see.

Like a futile attempt to draw Bernard Arnault or a boring chess game alone with several imaginations running through my mind.

*

I gave my car door a loud bang that made me wince afterwards when I thought of the aftereffects. This is the last place I'd want to be right now.

The Alban mansion stood proud before me mockingly and I had to give myself a little pep talk before I head in. The thing is, I'll trip to insanity for almost a week after today and will need a week more to heal.

It's a yearly ritual. At least since the last ten years. It used to be worst but it's better now.

I was an Alban, there's no doubt about that. But I'll give out my birth right in a heartbeat to be another person. Yet, there was a scowl on someone's face standing ten meters away from me right now, no doubt wishing she was me. And that person was supposed to be my sister.

"The first son is here" the butler announced giving me a smile. That was the only genuine smile I'd get today. I nodded at his greeting and walked in noticing that the piano music had changed, possibly to welcome me. The present Alban leader shows tremendous interest in piano.

I was never interested in it, so it's always a disturbing sound to me. I went straight to the first table and took my seat beside my father. Mamiyo gave me a brief look and I squirmed. But the smile on Mamiyo debbo's face made me relax.

After two hours which felt like a lifetime, the greenbook was pulled out to be updated. It was the main event of the day. The welfare of the Albans would be examined and updated by the first family and I'd sign it.

It means I was the last descendant of the great Imran through the first sons.

But even so, my father should have signed it instead. Everybody believed I did something for Mamiyo to hand the power to me even though I was young and inexperienced.

And I may have really done something.

Because, had I not I wouldn't really be favoured to this extent.

Everyone wouldn't have hated me this much. And my mother wouldn't have ceased to be an Alban.
So in other words, I brought it upon myself.

As I drew my signature on the last page of the greenbook, I felt the throbbing headache starts and if I didn't know, I would have missed the devilish grin on my father's face.

I love to look at it though, it gives me reasons enough to know I wasn't completely wrong to take the path I took.

You just wait, until I unravel the secrets behind this home. I'll take everyone of you down.

I vowed!

But not until after this agonizing week is over.

***

Hmmm....

Not much, just a little  something and a little nothing!

So I mistakenly published chapter 26 earlier, you might have noticed.

So, sorry for that!

This chapter is dedicated to  UmmAmmaar1

Thank you all for giving this book a chance. Mi'ah hearts you❤

See you all soon!

And while we are at it, pls hit the vote icon and swipe to type in some words, I'll really appreciate it.

Ciao...