Chapter 19 *let me love you*

Haleemah

She. Crashed. My. Laptop.

After everything, Jameelah dared to crash my laptop. And she didn't even look like she regrets it.

I stared down at the pieces. I couldn't hold the tears. There's no replacement for this.

I cried.

I cried for a sister I tried so hard to keep, but ended up losing. It was clear that she never thought of me as someone she needs, just someone she had to put up with.

I cried for the anger I felt at the realization that all I had tolerated for years amounted to nothing. I cried for the bond that was never there, that I worked so hard to share.

I cried for her, because I believe she didn't know what she is losing. And I cried for the only laptop I had in my life, for the years of work and experience that I had walked through with it. For the whole experience in my life documented in it.

Changing another now, means I'd start afresh. And hell, if nothing is recoverable, I'd hate Jameelah for the rest of my life.

Even my laptop at work is connected to this laptop and to think she pieced it in her blind anger felt the most annoying.

I couldn't bear to sleep next her so I slept in Addah's room only to I walk into the room this morning and find it empty. Jameelah was gone to Allah knows where.

And the mess she made of my pretty fine laptop still lying carelessly on the floor.

I sighed, wiping my eyes dry. First things first. I'll need to get a new laptop as soon as possible and then find a way to retrieve the drive from the broken one.

Way to begin the week, Haleemah.

*

Darling...
I hope you enjoy your day like you enjoy the sweet scents of this flowers.

I turned the bouquet in my hand hesitatingly before bringing it close to my nostrils. It smelled nice. I peered close to it wondering what kind of flower it was and how Nadeer got it delivered to me in my office this morning.

I sighed keeping it away to continue working on my files. I should have been done with all this, had Jameelah not broken my laptop.

But I ended up turning back and picking it up. I want it in a flower vase so I can admire it each morning I got here. I walked out in search of Bala, who I would send so he can get me a container. Nothing specific, just something a bouquet can stay in.

I kept wondering if he would find a suitable one until he showed up.

I've known Nadeer for about a month now, he'd give me a surprise visit here and there. He'll drop messages that would make me goof at myself. He had even dropped by to surprise me with a Friday gift three days ago. But a flower delivery on a Monday morning when I was having a hard day already? That is something else.

"So?" I literally jumped up in my seat startled to see Asmaul Husnah peering close at me. I hadn't notice her walking inside until she decided to talk.

"Start talking, Haleemah"she said snapping her finger at me. I couldn't contain the smile that slipped onto my face then.

The amebo she is took a seat and moved closer willing me to start talking. I knew I had to say something. I can't imagine Sarah's face when she learn that I shared the gist with someone else before her.

"He's sweet"I commented.

"And?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. That's all I know"

"Are you kidding me? No, Are you kidding me Haleemah?" She shouts and I had to remind her that we are at work and anyone could be passing.

"I can tell that he's sweet sending you flowers on a Monday morning at work. The British thing" she says with an amused laugh.

"But that's not what I'm asking you. Apart from the full gist of how everything started and how it's going, I want to know what you feel and what you decide to do"

I sighed.
"I don't know"

"What do you mean you don't know? Who is he? Is he the guy you brought here the other day?"
I almost froze, realizing that since Nadeer, I haven't remembered him. The guy I brought few months ago, that is.

Fifty percent of something...

Just then Alhussain pushed my door in and asked for the presence of his twin sister. She turned to me telling me that the conversation is not over. I could only nod. Who knows, I may have to host her visit to my home one of these days knowing her and how she can be.

It had been a long day, a long day of trying to recover from what I was supposed to do over the weekend. And trying so hard not to have murder thoughts on how I'd get back at Jameelah.

And at the last minute when I was almost out of my office, there was an impromptu change in a program and my presence was requested.

But after everything, even though it was tiring, it felt fulfilling, the only reason I still work with ATV yola till date.

I glanced at my wristwatch noting to myself that Asma'u would have left. And so would have the several workers I would have said goodbye to, so I head out.

"Don't release your frustration on the poor shoe" I heard a comment as I had waited by the door to shove my leg in more. I literally dragged the shoes all the way out.

I looked up to meet a face smiling up at me. I had to look away. This is intrusion! I screamed in my mind.

"Hi! Haleemah. How was your day?" He says and I had to close my eyes to will myself to answer. I was speechless.

"Hello! Bright!" I say sassily and walked forward. If he wondered what I mean by bright, he didn't ask.

"I received your gift this morning. Thank you" but don't do that anymore. I wanted to say but I'll be lying to say I don't want it.

I had picked it up several time, sniffed it a little more than normal and was still indecisive of the best spot to keep it in my office. It was the first time I receive such gift and I was more than ecstatic.

He caught up to me humming loudly. "I thought you would like it. Turns out I was right"

"I got ice cream from eats and treats"
"... that you cannot say no to." He cautioned quickly raising his index finger seeing I was trying to flatly refuse, so I kept quiet.

"... It helps to relax especially with the tiredness written all over your face" he grinned, with one brow raised.

The expression was contagious that I found myself smiling back. If he wasn't a playboy, who'll do that to Haleemah?

I stopped a bit before I reached my car seeing his parked beside it.

"Nadeer!" I called out. I can't be responding to signals only, I need the words.

"I prefer spoken words because I don't like defining actions without definite description. " I said seriously.
If I should listen to him, I need to hear it from him.

I heard him chuckled and I refused to look lest I loose my resolve. The sight could do that much. His brightness is contagious.

"Haleemah! Leemah Ali kenan. I like you" he said and I have a feeling that I was being joked at.

"Let me love you"

Let me love you!

Was all that keeps ringing in my head till I got home.

*
Okayyyy....

I sha love the smile he brings on my baby's face.

With this, we should expect Nadeer's point of view soon. I'm curious 👤

Is he a playboy like Haleemah thinks?

Or not?

Ciao Bella.