Chapter 7

MUJAHEED

Staying back yesterday was not bad at all. I thought, closing my eyes feeling the atmosphere surrounding me with Haleemah just close by.

Forgive me for eavesdropping but I had heard her friend tease her that she brought her future husband to her workplace. I want to thank her for saying that but I respect myself so I kept quiet. I could only pray that it comes true.

I didn't know how I got the courage to ask her to take me to the airport earlier and even convince her to bring me to her workplace, but I was grateful I did. I have already missed work today so it isn't bad to waste more time while I get to know a few things about her. I want to know everything about her.

There was no shade to hide so I can get her digits and I didn't know how to go about that directly. I mean she clearly knows how to hold her ground. I will be heartbroken if she refuse straight up.

But I have her co-worker's digit. Al-hussain Mubarak yaro was a nice man.

When it was 10 o'clock, Al-hussain came to get me so we can leave for the airport. I felt a clog of disappointment in my chest that I only gave brief answers to what he's saying until I spot the car we were heading towards. A sleek blue Bentley continental gt version 2019. I sent a prayer to the heavens hoping I didn't make a mistake letting Muhammad drive my own car all the way from Yola to kano state.

I almost thought she wasn't going to take me to the airport by herself. Honestly, she had done more than enough. I had a pleasant stay, thanks to her.

I hoped into the car expressing my gratitude to them and the four of us left in Haleemah's car. I thought I saw her adjust the mirror so she can see me, but it's probably an illusion. Forgive me, but I wish she did.

What is that they say? That souls can see through each other. If one soul loves the other, then the other one would feel it too? Why isn't it happening to me?

. . .

"Muhammad, I thought you said there was something you wanted to say in Yaya's presence" khairat nagged.

Extremely fair skin, big eyes and plump lips that gives the softest smile. That was all I could see. All these mushy mushrooms sprawled around my room, thinking they are welcoming their big brother are not even in my sight. They are all but disturbing me.

The goodbye was too brief. I standing by her window muttering thanks and her just waving, with a smile. That's all. I guess I'll remember that scene forever. Is this how it feels like to finally meet the one?

"Yaya Mujahid!" They all screamed and I jerked back to reality.

Papa was standing by the door with amused look, confusion was etched on mum's face as she stood beside him. My three siblings peering close look at me, terrified? I dunno.

"Barka da zuwa daddy, ya office? ( Welcome back home daddy, how's office)" I greeted.

"Lafiyanka kuwa jahidi?"
Ouch, that name again Mum.

"Lafiya Mama. (I'm fine mum)" I answered.

And a teasing look spread across her face.

"What have you been thinking about? daga dawowa... and even smiling at that. Ko dae ina dab da samun labari mai dadi ne?"

Dad's amused smile deepen and he just said "yar gidan wacece? (What family is she from?)"

Guys please, help me out here. What's going on? Yar gidan wacece wa?

Big eyes, beautiful smile, soft voice... And I smiled again.

"Meet me in my room later" Dad said and left. Mum laughed dramatically and disappeared too.

"Yaya!"

Ow! The devils.

"Leave my room now!" I commanded.

...

"Guy baka dawo bane?" Mudi's voice assailed my ears as soon as I picked his call.

"Easy man! Why the shout?" I complained and he cackle more.

"Is it the company of the beautiful ladies or the beautiful landscape you miss? Tell me, Adamawa is the land of beauty" he teased.

"I'm back okay!" I said to which he laughed the more. I don't know what is that funny.

"Get your lazy ass here now!" He commanded.
I was going to be there even if he didn't command me, he's just feeling like an old grumpy uncle today and I obliged him.

"Okay" I said simply and hang up. I don't need to ask him where, it's our favorite hangout place.

Mudathir Muhammad Bichi is my favorite cousin and one of my best friends. I assure you he's got my back always. And I do too.

Looking at the time, I knew Mansur bulama would be around and I should definitely prepare my mind for an attack since we haven't seen each other in a while. That idiot closes his eyes and open it only to choose violence one minute and peace the next. He's unbelievable and unpredictable.

Mansur, Mudathir and I went to the same school and have been friends since secondary school. Kabeer Muallim Dan-Ma'aji, and two others are the only ones we were close to among our university friends.

Friends come and go.

No hard feelings, when you need me call me, I'll do my best to help you. When I need you I'll do the same, life is as simple as that.

But these three are my backbones. Without them, I'm spineless.

I was about to step out of my door fiddling with my cufflinks when Khairat pushed the door in.

She walked towards me and I need no brainer to know that her loml is downstairs. She's dressed up and is scented heavily in perfumes I don't dare to count. She's like that with perfumes especially when he's visiting. I guess he loves it.

With no words spoken she helped me with my cufflinks.
"Ibrahim is downstairs"
I nodded.

"Yaya!" She called again.

"Please get to know him. Wallah I want you guys to be friends"

I mentally rolled my eyes. Then you should have agreed to Abubakar Rano when he showed interest in you. It's one of the reasons we are not close anymore.

If I approve of him, it means he loved you fisabilillah. What should I do when the man you chose is someone we don't click as friends.

Then I remembered something but choose to ignore it.

It's a man giving overly rated attention to a certain lady even as a brother.

"I'll try my best khairy, but I don't promise you."

She nodded and followed me out.
At my six feet, seven inches tall, he's shorter by an inch or two which puts me at an advantage physically. But he's three years older.

The problem is this, he's marrying my sister! How on earth should I respect someone who is taking my sister away from me? Heck he needs to know that if he doesn't treat her well, I'm not going to remember age when I lash out at him. Who is he kidding?

I've said little salaam to him whenever I passed by him, sat opposite him to have a meal with baba and even walked side by side with him to mosque a few times. But I can't seem to want to befriend him. And the wedding is happening in three months.

After plastering my best smile on my face, I walked to him and offer him a handshake.
"Would you like to join me on a ride to kano golf club? We'll be back in time before dinner"

I saw him look beyond me to Khair and then smiled rising up to his feet.

Ya Allah, help me in my course.

....
Y'all its another chapter.
Pls vote comment and share.
Tell others to tell others.

Ciao